GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

such a newbie question but IDC

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
im getting a good deal for a turboback exhaust and intercooler ..
my car isnt flashed with stage 1 or 2 but i just wanna know will adding this turboback and intercooler affect anything ?
im sure ill throw a CEL :thumbsup:

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
yes to CEL, probably yes to some low end torque loss, but some better high end hp

g2.0ti

Ready to race!
In all honesty, how much top end is gained by adding full 3" exhaust to a 3" downpipe? That's with a stage 2 tune. I doubt it does much because the turbo has no top end.

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
why does everyone always ask about doing bolton mods when they haven't even flashed the car to to stage1? its the biggest gain you can get right from the get go

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
why does everyone always ask about doing bolton mods when they haven't even flashed the car to to stage1? its the biggest gain you can get right from the get go

Truth...

MKV_B00ST

Ready to race!
Car(s)
gti mkv
x2 ^^ and the exhaust will throw a code from the o2 sensor..idk what the intercooler will do on a stock car

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
CEL, running rich, slight low end loss and top end gain, may negatively affect gas mileage a little bit. Honestly if I were you, I'd just wait to put it all on until you have the money for a tune :thumbsup:

boostedGTIguy

Dub or Die!
Car(s)
Golf MKV 6MT BMP
A lot of people want the sound of the exhaust before the flash. Same with the looks of the fmic. But seriously man... get flashed first, it only makes sense lol.

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
In all honesty, how much top end is gained by adding full 3" exhaust to a 3" downpipe? That's with a stage 2 tune. I doubt it does much because the turbo has no top end.

not much. the main thing that restricts our tiny turbos is the catalytic converter located directly after the turbo itself. once that is gone, the exhaust moves air out of the way better and lets the turbo do what it can.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
Guys thanks for the replys but trust me I know that getting my car flashed should have been the first thing but u gotta understand I'm in the military and have been in training for over a year so I haven't had my car to be able to get it flashed and when I go home to get my car and get these parts I'm gonna have to put it on then instead of when I get to my unit cause all the tools I need are back home
Once I get to my unit I will get it flashed to stage 2 but I needed to know if there would be any serious negative effects on my car to prevent me from driving the 16 hours to my new unit hope it makes since now as to why I'm asking this question .. but from the sounds of it looks like ill be getting shitty mpg from running rich and not as much low end tourqe which I can deal with for a week or 2 ..