GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subframe mounts, which one are you running?

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
So I've got the VF-Engineerinf full mount set and I still feel the subframe can still use a bit of improvement. I'm really leaning towards the VMR mount for the subframe since its solid. Anyone have any experience with it??

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
The HPA is a great solution don't get me wrong but it's like the Tyrol sport bolt fix. I still feel drivetrain moving. For godsakes I've already had to ask VF for replacement bolts for snapping them. Funny thing is I don't launch or race the car, I want a solid feel. I don't want a harsher engine/trans mount, want a subframe solution.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I run full bsh. I dont see the solid insert making that big of a difference over a full dogbone with a non solid insert.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm... I'm in the market myself, so I checked the install instructions. Removing the subframe completely is one thing, but I'm a bit worried that they then just say to reinstall the subframe and tighten the bolts.

Aren't they one-time use bolts??

If so, what other important information are they leaving out??

Car(s)
Subaru
Hmmm... I'm in the market myself, so I checked the install instructions. Removing the subframe completely is one thing, but I'm a bit worried that they then just say to reinstall the subframe and tighten the bolts.

Aren't they one-time use bolts??

If so, what other important information are they leaving out??

They are stretch bolts, yes

Sent from my iPhone

Jack_Snows

Banned
Car(s)
93 honda
034 top and HPA bottom.

I too am looking for something more solid.

I plan on going back to OE engine and tranny mounts with a solid delin insert for the subframe in the near future.