GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sub-forums Members ideas

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
Hi Guys,

I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on how this Australia section of golfmkv should be set up so that it is easier to navigate.:thumbsup:
We were thinking of putting a members rides and buildup sub-forum.:iono:

Your opinions are valued and will make this forum a plessure to browse.:thumbsup:

Regards

Anthony

iluvbrownale

White Lightning
Yeah, I'd like that Anthony (re:rides sub forum)- was thinking that myself last night (great minds think alike/fools never differ, you decide...). Without wanting to add layers of bureaucracy, it would be good if it could be limited to say 5 shots of everyone's cars so it doesn' sink under the weight of photos for every little mod or fill up with a hundred "yeah looks hot" comments which makes actually navigating through all the pics laborious.

Also, is it time to kill off the recommendations thread? doesn't seem to get much of a workout as most requests for advice fly through the forum in gerneral. And frankly i'd knock off the 'spotted' thread. I think a while back someone mentioned it was a good idea when the 5 was rare but really it's become a bit of a facebook for Golfs. If you actually wrote in every spotted for each GT/I & R then it would make that post whore thread look weak within a week. So inevitably it's become "spotted: red GTI BBS CH turning into BP in Sutho" reply "yeah that was me!" reply "cool wheels" reply "thanks" ad nauseum.

Last edited:

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
GTGs broken up into Municipalities :biggrin:

Lets not go crazy here with so many sub forums that you miss something because you don't look in the right sub forum under:
VW>Golf>MkV>GTI>3 Door>Mods>Exterior>Performance>Handling>Suspension>Rear Axle>Sway Bars>Bushings> "What's the best bushings to reduce squeak.

It's good to see the mods eager to do some work and to be proactive but lets not be that over moderated that it just becomes stupid... less is more.

Just my 2c

iluvbrownale

White Lightning
With you on that Nick. One of the reasons I think the Spotted & Recommendations threads can take a bullet to avoid clutter.

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Some sort of Pre-fix in the new threads when posting things up for sale that would have [MEL] or [SYD] that shows where the item for sale is located and then when it is sold have an updated prefix showing [SOLD] or [CLOSED]. Makes looking through threads so much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
Good point ToorakTrash - Perhaps we setup some sticky templates/guidelines for sale items so we know what it is and where it goes based on the subject line?

It can make scanning the subjects and reading the ads easier for buyers, and easy for sellers to knock one up as they don't have to think too hard, just fill out a template.

Rotorburn.com has a decent template for this sort of thing:
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?5008-For-Sale-Templates

[b]Item: [/b]
[
b]Location:[/b]
[
b]Item Condition:[/b]
[
b]Reason for selling:[/b]
[
b]Price and price conditions:[/b]
[
b]Extra Info:[/b]
[
b]Pictures:[/b]

Last edited:

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
GTGs broken up into Municipalities :biggrin:

Lets not go crazy here with so many sub forums that you miss something because you don't look in the right sub forum under:
VW>Golf>MkV>GTI>3 Door>Mods>Exterior>Performance>Handling>Suspension>Rear Axle>Sway Bars>Bushings> "What's the best bushings to reduce squeak.

It's good to see the mods eager to do some work and to be proactive but lets not be that over moderated that it just becomes stupid... less is more.

Just my 2c

We don't want to over moderate tooratrash we just want to make it cleaner an more user friendly... :thumbsup:

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
We don't want to over moderate tooratrash we just want to make it cleaner an more user friendly... :thumbsup:

Which is awesome!

Props for also involving everyone in process so we can have something set up which is hopefully amenable to everyone, and for taking on board all comments both for and against :thumbsup:

saad

Go Kart Champion
I dont think we need anymore sub forums, its just gets a pain, but the OT subforum was a good idea. GTG, OT and For Sale is enough