GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stutter around 1900 RPM

davesee

FIA GT Champion
Can anyone help me out here?

I have recently developed what feels like very short fuel cuts that only happen at 1900 rpm when under light load.

If I accelerate quickly I do not get the stutter.

I will notice this happening quite a lot during normal city traffic driving when going through that rpm.

Also in neutral I can slowly bring the revs up just fine, but the engine hesitates when it gets to 1900 rpm. Beyond that is fine.

I just replaced my cam follower and the cam lobe is fine. I've tried new/fresh gas and also tried fuel injector cleaner. Still same issue.

I do have a cel, when scanned at autozone they came up with the following codes:

One is emissions small leak detected. I occasionally get the "Check Fuel Cap" notice on my mfd.

One is for MAF. I recently cleaned it with CRC MAF cleaner.

I am having no luck :frown:

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Car(s)
Subaru
tracking down where a leak is hard. my car tells my error code 0442 (or maybe its 0422) and 0455 and also the gas cap light comes on sometimes.

i have an evap leak and my car does do this but i dont think its the evap, i think its the maf opening the wastegate. right about the same rpm, my car does the same thing and because i have a cai, i can hear whats happening with the turbo a little better. i need to clean my maf, but i havent got around to it yet. thats why im thinking you have a maf sensor problem.

if you take it to someone, you can have them run logs. thats about the only way you can tell if a maf is bad. also, if its something else, it might show up. id take it and get it vaged first before you try anything else

Car(s)
Subaru
if a maf is bad, i think that in light air movement, it will read high; and in high air movement, it will read low... or something like that.