GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stumble during downshift

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
So if I am cruising along and decide to shift down into a lower gear and floor it....the car stumbles like when the traction control kicks in for a split second. The motor makes the sputter sound and then takes off. I am thinking there is a misfire going on. I had the coil packs replaced under the TSB back in the fall but not to sure I trust the dealership really. What do I need to look for to make sure they swapped out the coil packs with the correct version? I have also replaced the Cam Follower and swapped out the OEM Diaphragm style DV to the new OEM Piston Style right before winter. I am going to hook up a Vagcom and see what the computer tells me but wasn't sure if I have to remove the coil pack to tell what version I have now or if there is something else I should be looking at. The car has 57k miles on it too.

itskv

APR Stage II+
clutch slip

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Great......that sucks to have that already. Not even 60k miles on it. So would the motor compensate for the clutch slipping like when your tires spin and the traction control kicks in?