GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stretch gone wrong.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
:lol: Yeah they are General's. Thats actually my 15th set of them over the past 2 years, and thats my first failure. They are only 225/40/18 on a 18x9. I've run way more aggressive specs than this. :iono: Shit happens.

Reason

Banned
:lol: Yeah they are General's. Thats actually my 15th set of them over the past 2 years, and thats my first failure. They are only 225/40/18 on a 18x9. I've run way more aggressive specs than this. :iono: Shit happens.

I figured they were (I love the tread pattern). I ran them on my CO's (18x8 on 225 40 18) and they were awesome and the treadwear was unreal!
But when it comes to stretching, theyre probably the worst since the rubber compound isnt the best and with no reinforced sidewall. ><

I hope the wheel didnt get too damaged?

mlowmk5

nothing rhymes w/ orange
Car(s)
2 dr CW
Ouch, I have only seen this one other time in person. Glad you didn't F up the wheel at least.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
No, the wheel was completely undamaged. It happened pulling onto the road my house is on. I really only had to coast 50 yards home.

Yeah Generals are crap for stretch, but its only a 225/40 on a 9" wheel. I figured I'd be fine. I wanted as close to normal specs as I could get. Also, my car is 4motion so I try and keep the same tire size on all 4 corners. 1 failure out of 60 tires aint bad.

See heres a pic. Normal on 1 side, devastated on the other.

Reason

Banned
If generals had reinforced sidewalls, i'd rock em all the time.

I guess it didn't help that its cold as ass out now (can see some snow in the tread lol).
That rubber was probably like brittle!

itskv

APR Stage II+
My friend had generals for 15k miles and the sidewalls gave out and started cracking/peeling... They blamed her for not properly inflating the tire..