GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Street racing, yet again

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
He was. That highway is dead at night. It’s also four lanes in some places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam1991

Banned
https://jalopnik.com/1828418858

Would someone be kind enough to do the math on how far ahead the headlights could illuminate, vs. the speed he’s allegedly going vs. likely stopping distance? The reflections on the passing streetlights didn’t seem to be getting appreciably quicker as he sped up towards the end. But there’s no way he could have hauled it down if anything or anyone had crossed his path, not to mention if a tire blew. Guys standing inside the guardrail at the end are Darwin Award candidates, even if he was slowing down at that point. I still reflect on this story when people street race on public roads.

Just don’t, people. Ever. Not once. And remember, if the jackass that you don’t know kills somebody even after you’ve shut it down, you’re going to be in serious legal trouble too.

https://www.sbnation.com/longform/2015/6/4/8694199/accokeek-street-racing-disaster

Hoon

Autocross Champion
This guy's real mistake was having someone like Adam as a facebook friend.

The North Carolina State Highway Patrol has arrested a driver after a tipster sent in a Facebook video of him going 198 mph on US-1 through Wake County.

LOL!

People more concerned that he didn't make it to 200 :D

I'd be pissed!

I'd be ordering parts on the side of the road after that pull. :mad:

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Beau at 1:45
"There's a lot more problems going on than street racing, especially on an empty highway"

adam1991

Banned

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Cell phone use is always a good guess for a lot of these incidents, regardless of who is behind the wheel. Even in states like mine, where hands-free is mandatory if you're using a device as a driver, you still see scads of folks with their phones stuck to their ears, if not in front of their faces. Which is really odd when I see it with a car that is definitely new enough that it almost certainly has Bluetooth. Even with older cars, though, how much is a Bluetooth earpiece, like twenty bucks at Best Buy?