"My Fast"
Car(s)
2006 MKV Gti
i pefer the eurojet fmic

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
This offer was made by a well respected UK journalist who had approached Forge UK on behalf of a major UK VW tuning magazine. The intention of the offer was to write a "how to fit" feature/article in the magazine, along side a technical feature/review. Unfortunately, this opportunity has now been lost.

We have now sold over 100 of these units worldwide with nothing but compliments received thus far. A resounding sentiment continues to be ease of fitment.

The logo is optional, by the way!

Last edited:

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
^^^ and if you don't like the silver color on the front buy some spray paint and paint over it...

Neon Guy

Tin Can Racer
Car(s)
1998 SPEC Neon
^^^ and if you don't like the silver color on the front buy some spray paint and paint over it...

Spray paint does not release heat... do not use over the shelf spray paint on an intercooler or radiator.

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
Spray paint does not release heat... do not use over the shelf spray paint on an intercooler or radiator.

well whatever does the job then, thats the whole reason T didn't give a brand.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
Completely spray painting and entire core can actually decrease its thermal efficiency.

The only way to effectively color a core without inhibiting efficiency is to anodize it, which will actually add an oxidation layer to the aluminum. The color essentially becomes part of the metal, so it will disipate heat in the same manner that the metal does.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Completely spray painting and entire core can actually decrease its thermal efficiency.

The only way to effectively color a core without inhibiting efficiency is to anodize it, which will actually add an oxidation layer to the aluminum. The color essentially becomes part of the metal, so it will disipate heat in the same manner that the metal does.
Krylon makes a "commercial" flat black paint and does not harm efficiency. Several 1.8t guys have done that here locally and not had a problem.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Mike, I'd like to thank you for you input and I'd like to apologise to everyone for any irresponsible/misleading comments I have made.