GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Sounds good, I’ll order the aem meth kit on your website! Roughly how long does the gallon tank last?
It depends on how much you’re spraying. It sprays based upon boost so if you drive the car hard regularly you’ll use up the gallon quicker. So depending on how you drive a couple weeks to a month I guess(I’ve never personally ran meth) you can always buy a larger tank later they sell multiple sizes.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Depending on meth concentration you want to run what you can do is run the basic extreme cold weather. Washer fluid which is around 30/40% meth and run it from your washer fluid tank. You’d just tap into the washer tank. This gives you the benefit of not having an extra tank and giving you a built in alert system when you’re running low as you’ll get a light for low washer fluid.

Shishkabobie

Car(s)
2015 GTI nonPP DSG
That sounds great, I will order the kit next week probably and see what we can do, roughly how much more power does it provide? Will it put me at 400 or above whp on 93?

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
That sounds great, I will order the kit next week probably and see what we can do, roughly how much more power does it provide? Will it put me at 400 or above whp on 93?
it would depend on how much meth you flow, the starter kit does not have a very large nossle, but it is also something that can be upgraded to allow you to flow more. The stock nossle will probably flow enough to add 15-20whp.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hey marauder. Currently, I run an EQT Stage 2 dune with a MAP downpipe. My plan was to take off the downpipe, and drop back down to a Stage 1 tune, and give Stratified a try. I ordered a 93 octane file tune a few weeks ago, specifying no mods done to the car asides from a drop in high flow filter and snow guard removal.

Due to an unheated garage, I haven't had a chance to take off the downpipe yet, but decided to give the Stratified file a whirl for fun, knowing it isn't optimized to take advantage of the downpipe. While I unfortunately don't have a log, I was seeing quite a bit of knock, -6 to -8 across all cylinders. Is that normal given the situation? Would running a tune not tuned for a downpipe with a downpipe cause an extensive amount of knock?

Shishkabobie

Car(s)
2015 GTI nonPP DSG
Ah ok makes sense, also, if i header wrap my downpipe, it being catless it doesnt retain much heat, will the flames from the pops be bigger?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hey marauder. Currently, I run an EQT Stage 2 dune with a MAP downpipe. My plan was to take off the downpipe, and drop back down to a Stage 1 tune, and give Stratified a try. I ordered a 93 octane file tune a few weeks ago, specifying no mods done to the car asides from a drop in high flow filter and snow guard removal.

Due to an unheated garage, I haven't had a chance to take off the downpipe yet, but decided to give the Stratified file a whirl for fun, knowing it isn't optimized to take advantage of the downpipe. While I unfortunately don't have a log, I was seeing quite a bit of knock, -6 to -8 across all cylinders. Is that normal given the situation? Would running a tune not tuned for a downpipe with a downpipe cause an extensive amount of knock?
YOU DID WHAT?

marauder

Go Kart Newbie

Having the aftermarket on could be causing the issue. Did you order a flash or a custom tune? I would get the downpipe off as soon as you can and see if the issue persists. You can also check your spark plug gaps too. That never hurts to verify.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Having the aftermarket on could be causing the issue. Did you order a flash or a custom tune? I would get the downpipe off as soon as you can and see if the issue persists. You can also check your spark plug gaps too. That never hurts to verify.

Just the flash tune. After giving the ECU a day or two to adjust and see if it helped, I went back to the EQT Stage 2 for now. I plan on taking the downpipe off and trying the Stratified file again when I won't have to work in a 20 degree garage. Plugs should be fine, they're NGK Ruthenium HX ones with 7k miles or so. They came stock gapped to .024 I believe and I left them there, but like you said, it never hurts to check.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Just the flash tune. After giving the ECU a day or two to adjust and see if it helped, I went back to the EQT Stage 2 for now. I plan on taking the downpipe off and trying the Stratified file again when I won't have to work in a 20 degree garage. Plugs should be fine, they're NGK Ruthenium HX ones with 7k miles or so. They came stock gapped to .024 I believe and I left them there, but like you said, it never hurts to check.
Sounds good. Let me know if you have any issues after you’ve taken the downpipe off. I just have a cheap harbor freight heater in my garage. Works great.

Shishkabobie

Car(s)
2015 GTI nonPP DSG
Any idea on the lead time to get a base tune? Albeit I only filled the form out on Wednesday, was hoping to test it out in Mexico this evening ?

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Any idea on the lead time to get a base tune? Albeit I only filled the form out on Wednesday, was hoping to test it out in Mexico this evening ?
It’s probably 7-10 days for a custom tune file.

Shishkabobie

Car(s)
2015 GTI nonPP DSG
By some magic the stratified gods have blessed me and Alex has sent me a base tune file!!!

Deplorable

Car(s)
GTI, 4RUNNER
Been running a Freektune custom tune ever since they started selling Accessport's. I recently put in the TTRS clutch and am wondering if it's worth getting Strat's tune now?