GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

strange paint marks...

Spid360

Ready to race!
This is something I was meaning to post when I first bought my GTI a few months ago. Also wasn't sure which area it would fall under so thought general would work.

Right after I purchased the car I noticed a strange paint mark on the inside edge of the drivers door.. then one on the passenger door.. then one on the underside of the hood.. and even the inside edge of the trunk.. What the hell is it???

I have asked the dealer (Chicago imports) where i bought the car.. they have no idea.
I have asked a VW dealer - they have no clue..
I have asked a body shop.. still no clue...

it looks to be paint, one guy thought it might be a glue residue from a sticker..

Can anyone help me and tell me what it is??

Draz

Ready to race!
Doesn't look like paint from the picture, have you tried scraping it with your finger nail? Try to use some goo gone to clean it off, or clay the affected areas.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
Looks like glue/adhesive.. spray some quick detailer on it and let it soak for awhile so it loosens up. Then rub it off, or rub one out, you decide.

Spid360

Ready to race!
its just very strange to be on every door jam.. it doesnt wipe off with goo gone.. and I'm afraid to try scratching it off with anything more than my finger nail

At first I thought maybe some one was trying to check if they had the right paint.. when paint matching. but its all original paint.