GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strange Humming Noise...

Metalmilitia306

Mario Kart 64 Champion
Car(s)
car
I'm not sure if this is the right section for this question, but recently my car has been making a humming noise that gets louder as I drive faster. around 75-80MPH is when it's the loudest, i can hear it over my radio. and i can feel the vibration on my E-Brake handle. At first I thought it was my tires but I changed the tires and the sound was still there. I figured it might be my alignment so I got that done but noise is still there. i also checked my wheel bearings and they are fine. I'm running out of ideas to what this noise is. anyone have any ideas? thanks!

Sour One

Ready to race!
once it starts humming does it eventually turn into a whistling/screaming noise once the car has warmed up some? i had this happen to me around the 32,000 mile mark and had to have a breather in the crankcase replaced.

Metalmilitia306

Mario Kart 64 Champion
Car(s)
car
yeah it does but thats only when im at around 75-80mph, the sound changes with speed. i know it isnt the motor or exhaust because i tried shifting into a different gear while maintaining the speed and the sound is the same, mine is a 2009 TSI

Sour One

Ready to race!
yeah it does but thats only when im at around 75-80mph, the sound changes with speed. i know it isnt the motor or exhaust because i tried shifting into a different gear while maintaining the speed and the sound is the same, mine is a 2009 TSI

hmm... that's strange. i have an 08 fsi. it would take anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes of driving anywhere from 50 to 75mph for mine to start howling like a banshee and it wouldn't stop until i would shut the car off. don't know if you have a warranty on your car or not but i'd take it back to the dealership cause that's the only luck i had with mine. hooked it up to the diagnostic tester and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it so i just drove to VW. good luck man.