GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Story Time!!!!! WHEEEEEEW!

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
Hey Guys,

So last night, I am on the way back from Borat (which is an entirely different thread in itself--in two words, "ridiculously amazing"), and i start to hear this really loud sound, and the car starts shaking a little bit. I am freaking out, so I pull over at a gas station, inspect each wheel, no flats, nothing seems to be wrong. So I take it slow the rest of the way back, and park. I go this morning to Pep Boys Auto, assuming that I had a nail or something stuck in one of the tires.

EDIT: if you are going to flame me for going to Pep Boys, just don't. Waste of a post...I didn't want to go to the dealer so they could void my warranty!

You could hear the sound at low speeds everytime the wheel turned a full circle--that's what I assumed it was a nail or something stuck in the tire.

Anyways, they put it on the lift, and the guy goes to check the front right tire, grabs it to turn it, and the thing shifts. He shows me--the tire is frikin shaking! So he tells me to take it to the VW dealership, because the axle was broken.

So, unwillingly, I venture to my dealership, praying that they don't notice any mods.

Long story short, they told me it was probably a broken axle, ans they would have to order parts to get it fixed (approx. 1-2 weeks in the service bay) :cry: :eek:

They put it on the lift...and, wouldn't you know it, the only thing wrong was a loose axle bolt! :thumbup:

Needless to say, i was very relieved. So apparently when I got my springs put on, they messed up and didnt tighten everything :mad:

Got charged $0.00, and was on my way.

And the best part--they didn't notice any mods! Not even the springs lol, even though the guy was staring right at them when he had the tire off!

Thought I would share!

So word of advice, if you get springs put on, make sure they tighten everything back up :biggrin:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

omegach

Banned
Rofl, I saw Borat yesterday. Funny ass movie, although the naked-ness was a bit much. :|

Anyways, yer damn lucky it was just a loose bolt.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Cool stuff on it simply being a bolt - but I don't think you need to worry too much about warranty and mods, most VW dealers (at least that I know of) don't seem to mind terribly much.

NEWLU

Drag Race Newbie
lol
i guess my dealership service dept is pretty cool about aftermarket mods
last time they didnt charge me anything for a bent valve
and my car was too low to put it on the lift, so they worked it out on the ground for me:thumbsup:

glad eveything worked out fine for u!!

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
lol
i guess my dealership service dept is pretty cool about aftermarket mods
last time they didnt charge me anything for a bent valve
and my car was too low to put it on the lift, so they worked it out on the ground for me:thumbsup:

glad eveything worked out fine for u!!

your car is my christine.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
yep, I am going back to the place where I got my springs put on an bitching next week.

If you dont mind me asking, what place did your springs? I have all my work done at dynamic motorworks (www.dynamicmotorworks.cm) they specialize in VW/Audi, and as i said befroe they told me "anyone who is droping the exel clearly hasn o idea what they are doing" the springs CAN be put on w/o droping the axel, i know because they did it on mine.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
If you dont mind me asking, what place did your springs? I have all my work done at dynamic motorworks (www.dynamicmotorworks.cm) they specialize in VW/Audi, and as i said befroe they told me "anyone who is droping the exel clearly hasn o idea what they are doing" the springs CAN be put on w/o droping the axel, i know because they did it on mine.

Dude lives in Cali not New York.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
omg.. they charged me for switching the airbag light off because they saw my amp.........

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Dude, unless the amp was interfering with the airbag electronics (unlikely, but possible depending on on the way the wiring implementation was done) they shouldn't have charged you.
Did they charge you for the CV boot as well?
I do all kinds of hackery to my car and my people are fine with it (hell, they'll even help me out sometimes).