GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stone chips

Nd272

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there

have a 2008 mkv gti in white, multiple small stone chips on bonnet and one small one on passenger wing

can I try tackle this myself and get some touch up paint or am I just better off leaving it to a professional

they are all small in size but don’t want to leave it

thanks

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
Since no-one has chimed in on this, I will. My Candy White paint has suffered some of the same dings as you are describing.
The white paint is easy to touch up and blend in. I do it myself with a bottle of Rust Oleum "Scratch and chip repair" U5004C Universal Cool White that I got at Walmart.
The other item you need is some Lacquer thinner to thin the paint and prep the areas.

Nd272

Passed Driver's Ed
Since no-one has chimed in on this, I will. My Candy White paint has suffered some of the same dings as you are describing.
The white paint is easy to touch up and blend in. I do it myself with a bottle of Rust Oleum "Scratch and chip repair" U5004C Universal Cool White that I got at Walmart.
The other item you need is some Lacquer thinner to thin the paint and prep the areas.
Thank you very much for the response , I have ordered a kit which has the items required I will give it a go myself ?