GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock versus smoked rear tail lights

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
Tay2610 said:
me three or a candy white with tailight covers!! I want to see black emblems on a candy gti or white on white!!

HOW ABOUT THIS!!:thumbup:

I used white tape to mask the tail lamp lol
A proto-design of my mod.:laughabove:

Attachments

• whitetaillenzcover.JPG
    whitetaillenzcover.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,813

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
My tail lights on my MKIV were smoked out and on black it does look cool but in saying that the MKV has enough red on the outside that red tail lights look cool on the black.

I would defo go for smoked on the red though, especially if the windows have been darkened as well...good contrast.

I like the rear tail with the lip on the first red MKV pic...that looks really cool and defo someat VW should consider as opposed to straight down.

jhayregz

Touring Car Champion
i want to smoke my tail lights too, as much as i would want the R32 tails i would rather spend my money on other things

but im scared of smoking the tails, i hear or read some people screwing up.

if you were to screw up smoking it can you remove it easily?

fusion01

Ready to race!
Car(s)
BMW 135i
Simple rule of thumb for me personally: 'Contrast is king'. So on the silver, I love black (tinting, lights) - you can work with the 2 colours only and keep it minimal in that way. On black etc I'd keep that contrast and stay with red. Personal opinions tho, different for everyone on this forum, no doubt :)

fusion01

Ready to race!
Car(s)
BMW 135i
I like the rear tail with the lip on the first red MKV pic...that looks really cool and defo someat VW should consider as opposed to straight down.

Damn right. Crazy it's stock black as per other Golf MK5's... this bumper has been smoothed and painted I reckon, in which case I can't see it lasting when applying paint to plastic? I'd rather go Votex or whatever else when you are painting something of better quality like PUR Harddfoam etc, but then I'm really not an expert. Have heard of issues tho with spray on std plastic bumpers, so I went the Votex route.

hypnotica003

Ready to race!
what are these exhausts? and does anyone have specs and gains for them?

what are these exhausts? and does anyone have specs and gains for them? brand anyone? i want these for my MKV