GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock 2007 Merc CLS 500 vs S2 07 GTI

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I'm not sure if this is considered David vs Goliath or not. But a big V8 vs a 4 banger is always great.

So my friend just bought another car after someone running into his GTI, totally it. After zero thought and basically no drive time in the Mercedes, he bought it. It's ugly, and large, and a nasty ass brown. HA!

So we went for a ride in it, it was awesome actually. So comfy! I asked to race, and obviously he said yes!

There we were rolling down an EMPTY highway. Took off from 60, pulled to 100 and I was ahead by a car. Then he started to creep back but I let off at 120 so I could win, obviously. We did it again and same results. We also did one from a stop. Taking off he jumped ahead by a car and a half before I had traction. I caught up super fast and had him passed by the end of 3rd gear. By 5th he was creeping back and I let off.

So 3 and 0 for the little 4 banger. I was super surprised starting this cause I thought I'd get powned. I didn't know anything about this car though. But, another W for my broski's! Enjoy it.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
I was suspicious about this, but then realized that the 1st gen CLS500 only had 300hp. Makes more sense now, I'm sure they weigh a ton.

N

TSiUG

sleeper...
I'm not sure if this is considered David vs Goliath or not. But a big V8 vs a 4 banger is always great.

So my friend just bought another car after someone running into his GTI, totally it. After zero thought and basically no drive time in the Mercedes, he bought it. It's ugly, and large, and a nasty ass brown. HA!

So we went for a ride in it, it was awesome actually. So comfy! I asked to race, and obviously he said yes!

There we were rolling down an EMPTY highway. Took off from 60, pulled to 100 and I was ahead by a car. Then he started to creep back but I let off at 120 so I could win, obviously. We did it again and same results. We also did one from a stop. Taking off he jumped ahead by a car and a half before I had traction. I caught up super fast and had him passed by the end of 3rd gear. By 5th he was creeping back and I let off.

So 3 and 0 for the little 4 banger. I was super surprised starting this cause I thought I'd get powned. I didn't know anything about this car though. But, another W for my broski's! Enjoy it.

NICE! I love putting a hurting on "high end" euro cars in our grocery getters lol. I had a run in with a clk550 late last summer and surprised the shit out of him. It felt great lol.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I was suspicious about this, but then realized that the 1st gen CLS500 only had 300hp. Makes more sense now, I'm sure they weigh a ton.

N
Heck ya, I'm sure they weigh an ass ton! He wants to get an exhaust and a tune. I'm fairly positive at that point he will beat me.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
NICE! I love putting a hurting on "high end" euro cars in our grocery getters lol. I had a run in with a clk550 late last summer and surprised the shit out of him. It felt great lol.
Freak ya man! I was stoked. We were both pretty curious about who'd win. He wasn't mad at all. I never beat him bad though. I had a definite, very noticeable pull. But once 120mph+ came around he was coming back. His top end is obviously a lot stronger. Gotta love that V8 raw powa! But did you kill the CLK550? Or what?

TSiUG

sleeper...
Freak ya man! I was stoked. We were both pretty curious about who'd win. He wasn't mad at all. I never beat him bad though. I had a definite, very noticeable pull. But once 120mph+ came around he was coming back. His top end is obviously a lot stronger. Gotta love that V8 raw powa! But did you kill the CLK550? Or what?

Linky