GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Still High idle and Surging!!

Mrjames55

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, I have a 09 gti (tsi/68000mil) that had been idling high and Surging when the car is at full temp. Codes are p0507, p2279 and P0171 It's been Goin on for about 2 months now. Mods are stage 2 unitronic, apr Carbonino intake, 3" inch Eurojet, with the stock catback (reso delete) and a Forge Twintercooler.

I've checked everything from the Maf back and everything is tight and secure. Also check my Twintercooler hoses for cuts rips or tears.... NOTHING. Replaced Pcv valve (Valve only not the 2 hoses) and put a new manifold on with a carbon cleaning (Professionally done by ngp racing). Still surges and idles high. Car drives perfectly and peaks @23psi and holds @20psi through majority of the power band. Then idles at 12-1500rpm at lights and clutch-ins. Replaced everything and still stumped. Possibly I purchased a faulty pcv from the dealer? I also hear things about the rear main seal? I see a small pin drop of oil from the Trans area, but it's nothing like a lot of mk5-mk6's I've seen. I will post a vid of me trying to idle the car around 2-3000rpm. Let me Kno what you guys think! Thanks!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk