GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

STAY AT HOME

pjs06c

Passed Driver's Ed
FL Panhandle here, crowds starting turning out this past weekend and hardly anyone is being safe about it. No masks, no distance, nothing. I drive past a speedway on my way to and from work, they turned it into a COVID testing site in the morning and when I went by again in the evening it was absolutely packed for a big race night.

Should be interesting to see what happens in 2 weeks...

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
I’m a stones throw away (under 10miles) from basically the epicenter of cases in Queens/NYC area.

Now that the virus is somewhat portrayed to have run its course, added with the weather finally turning for the better, it seems people are flocking out in full force again. It’s becoming noticeably more congested on the roads daily. Probably see about 70% of people wearing masks in public. Slightly higher percentage when in food stores, etc.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
You wouldn't see the death rate increase for a few more days, right? Since it takes about 8-12 days (I think) for one to die from the illness there should be a lag from when people go out to when the death rate increases.

yeah incubation period is 2 weeks so these are people who gave up early. Which means now it’s going to get even worse.

ToddMS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI SE
The county next to me in central IL is open for business and an antique shop owner was saying on the news how she can finally pay her bills. I was thinking "How you gonna do that without customers?"

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I’m a stones throw away (under 10miles) from basically the epicenter of cases in Queens/NYC area.

Now that the virus is somewhat portrayed to have run its course, added with the weather finally turning for the better, it seems people are flocking out in full force again. It’s becoming noticeably more congested on the roads daily. Probably see about 70% of people wearing masks in public. Slightly higher percentage when in food stores, etc.
Traffic is almost back to normal, it's ridiculous.

I needed a part for my oil burner and the line to get into Home Depot was a 1/8 mile long.

I'm waiting for the numbers here to increase again.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Is she? Do enlighten us.

She was talking about masks making the situation worse and she was surprised that they shut down beaches because "the beach has microbes that heal you"...come on...

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
She was talking about masks making the situation worse and she was surprised that they shut down beaches because "the beach has microbes that heal you"...come on...
Most "masks" that people are wearing do give a false sense of security. I only wear N95 or N99 in public.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Most "masks" that people are wearing do give a false sense of security. I only wear N95 or N99 in public.

Their angle was that breathing in your own germs will make you sick, so it's doing yourself more harm than good.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Their angle was that breathing in your own germs will make you sick, so it's doing yourself more harm than good.

Your own germs are already in you. Breathing them back in doesn't matter. It's touching the mask to adjust it that contaminates the mask from the surfaces that you've touched.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
where on Long Island are you? I noticed the traffic is getting worse on the LIE
In in the Ronkonkoma area.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
In in the Ronkonkoma area.
I work there. If you just watch traffic on Vets Highway, or some cross-street like Lakeland, you’d be wondering if the quarantine was fully lifted.

Places by me are ignoring the order and opening up slowly. Hell, some of the bars have had their back doors open to customers in the know the whole time.

A 2nd wave will for sure follow.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Phase 1 started in TX and some people are reluctant to open at 25% capacity due to being a waste of time. My dad went out to eat like 3 times in the first two days. Went to dinner early once and claimed they got their own individual room. I guess you guys heard about the salon owner that got put in jail??? Right after she got sentenced to a week in jail, they announced salons were going to be allowed to reopen lmao