GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Starting issue

C0des89

Car(s)
Golf gt sport
Hey all I am new to this forum and I am also new to owning a golf. We bought this car after it was in a crash most of it's fixed now just panel damage. But I am having a issue with starting it. First staring in the morning takes a while to start no codes. If u turn it off straight away it starts again but leave it for a long period and it's hard to start again. I don't want to keep throwing money just at random parts. Thought I would ask the question on here before taking it to a shop. The engine is a 1.4 tsi 2008 Cheers

Fred930

Scirocco MK II Track Car
Sounds like a classic case of inadequate fuel pressure at start-up. Know nothing about your specific car, but my 2009 VW GTI includes a circuit which primes the fuel system (pump runs for a few seconds) when the driver's door is opened. There may also be a check valve somewhere in the fuel system which is designed to maintain pressure when the car is not running. So you could either have an electrical issue preventing the pump from priming when the door opens, or a bad check-valve allowing the pressure to bleed off over time. Or I suppose it's possible you have a leaking fuel injector allowing system pressure to drop (when the car is off). You need to check the fuel pressure when the car is off. Or take it to a good shop - should be easy for them to diagnose.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yes...it can be tested to locate the bleed-off or you just take stabs at it by replacing parts. Typically, pressure is gauged between the tank and the injectors. The tester gauge is closed on one side of the gauge and then swapped directions and closed again. When the valve is closed, you watch the gauge to see if the primed pressure drops.

It will always be due to the injectors toward the front are leaking...or the fuel filter regulator or the lift-pump's check valve is releasing pressurized fuel back into the tank.