GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 4 C2 Install - ripping her apart

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Yes, this project is still a waste of time and money just like it was when this thread started 2.5 years ago. :thumbdown:

Yeah, god forbid anyone waste their own money in whatever way they want... I mean, how much sense would it make to spend a shit load of $$ on all these parts and then decide to go another route... right? Makes about as much sense as blowing a couple grand on a set of wheels...

Glad you are such a leader and inspiration in how not to waste money; thanks... :rolleyes:

jshish23

n00b
Car(s)
'08 R32
Yes, this project is still a waste of time and money just like it was when this thread started 2.5 years ago. :thumbdown:

holy shit, I hope this is a joke

RSC17

R32 OG

I always pictured you driving a Scion Tc and thinking it was cool.

She's all finished. I've been working too much so haven't had much time to play. I might tweak some DSG stuff to put down more power, but I don't think I'll do much more than that.

How are you doing? What are you driving?

Good to hear Zev. Glad she's working well for you. :thumbup: As for me, I'm doing well. Finishing up school and all that bullshit. I sold my Jeep and bought an 01 Tacoma. I'm in the dependability and functionality phase of my car life :lol: Still have a Porsche in the garage that needs to be tweaked a bit before it's 100% (change the whole ignition, scavenge pump to get all the oil moving out of the turbo - smoking like a bitch). Trying to get my pops to put the .9bar spring in the wastegate :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

How about yourself?

mkvr32

Ready to race!
Yeah, god forbid anyone waste their own money in whatever way they want... I mean, how much sense would it make to spend a shit load of $$ on all these parts and then decide to go another route... right? Makes about as much sense as blowing a couple grand on a set of wheels...

Glad you are such a leader and inspiration in how not to waste money; thanks... :rolleyes:

Hardly a "shit load" of money, but thanks for playing.:dnftt:

Not only that, but when I got rid of my R32, I got rid of that piece of sh*t and made back the money I put in to it + some. Some of us know when enough is enough... This build is a complete waste of time and money. 2.5 years later, still no videos, still no track times, nothing.

What good is having the highest hp R32 stateside if all you do is take pictures of it in between shop visits? I can see it already... This is one of those builds where the owner spends 5x what the car is worth modding it over a span of 3 to 5 years then sells the car taking a HUGE loss on what was invested because they finally realize it's a waste of time.

I'll be back in a few months to see how things are going. My prediction is there will be a few more pictures of the car, no videos and it will still be in the shop.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
Shut the fuck up... If you don't like it move on

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

RSC17

R32 OG

Not only that, but when I got rid of my R32, I got rid of that piece of sh*t and made back the money I put in to it + some. Some of us know when enough is enough... This build is a complete waste of time and money. 2.5 years later, still no videos, still no track times, nothing.

What good is having the highest hp R32 stateside if all you do is take pictures of it in between shop visits? I can see it already... This is one of those builds where the owner spends 5x what the car is worth modding it over a span of 3 to 5 years then sells the car taking a HUGE loss on what was invested because they finally realize it's a waste of time.

I'll be back in a few months to see how things are going. My prediction is there will be a few more pictures of the car, no videos and it will still be in the shop.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

LOL:stupid:

Just because the guy doesn't whore his car out on the fucking internet makes it a waste of time any money? You obviously have no clue to what it takes to build up a high powered vehicle. Some people take it a little bit farther than coilovers and wheels. Please let me hear another one of your bullshit reasons for why you think this is a waste of time. :lol:

Last edited:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT

Sorry, not my words; I quoted that right from your own post...
Just like the title says. I just spent a shit load of $$ on all these parts and decided to go another route... 'snip'

:slice:

But, thanks for attempting to play and failing miserably... :bellyroll:

Jedy617

Ready to race!
Car(s)
CW R32 #2280
What a fucking tool....

Also if you are so glad you sold your R32, why the hell are you still on this forum? I think you are the troll to be honest

Hey thanks to the decent guys on this forum. I started this thread to share my build with you all. Undertaking this build was fun and a big investment, but worth it in my opinion. So some guy comes along and gives his view and even if I don't agree with him, it's no big deal. When I started, nobody had made a DSG hold much torque. I was told it couldn't, so I decided to set out on a science experiment. I worked with Further Performance locally (Tristan and Mike and others working there). I started with C2 and later on, Jeff at UM did the software and custom tuning. The car has turned into a flame spitting monster that is a blast to drive.

This so called waste of time (as the tool put it) has been to SoWo, H2Oi twice and Wookies in the Woods as well as many other events and successfully shown what is possible with some great builders and tuners putting their talents to work. Putting 654HP to the wheels and through the DSG is not trivial and I believe the team that made it, did it first. And that took some R&D. I'd happily share anything that was learned with anybody who wants to know. And anybody that knows me, knows that I let others drive it. I let my buddy drive it 3000 miles this year to H2Oi because I couldn't make it. I don't baby it, it's not some trailer queen. You can jump in, turn the key and just drive, while having the ability to kill supercars. In a VW hatchback. It's done 10000 miles like that, quite reliably. And can get 24 MPG on a road trip. Again, testament to the team that made it.

It's no more a waste of money than any other personal endeavor we undertake to fulfill a dream. Real car guys only stop spending money on their cars when they have none left, not because it's a sound financial investment. I'd do it again with another car I'm sure. So some dick coming along and giving his opinion makes no difference at all. I'm not here to share it with him, I'm here to share it with the awesome R32 guys who actually love these cars. I met a bunch of them at various events, especially WiTW and I look forward to more next year.

Thanks for your support. When I get a chance, I will shoot some vids. I'm usually lazy about it, but I'll get to it soon enough. But if any of you make it to WiTW in 2013, I'd be happy to take you for a spin.

Cheers!

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
You're doing it right, Zev. I live vicariously through your build, and it's exactly what I'd do to an R32 if I had the money. I hope to one day soon. I'm sure anyone following in your footsteps will be greatly appreciative of the R&D you've done for them, and your willingness to share it.

In the meantime, I'm just grateful to see what you've done. Anyone who feels differently and needs to piss in everyone else's corn flakes needs to grow up, or shove off.

R527

You're doing it right, Zev. I live vicariously through your build, and it's exactly what I'd do to an R32 if I had the money. I hope to one day soon. I'm sure anyone following in your footsteps will be greatly appreciative of the R&D you've done for them, and your willingness to share it.

I know I already appreciate his work heh. I have Stage 3ish turbo right now and he answered my question about exhaust from his own experience. If I ever want to add more power I have an example to follow so I can get things right the first time.