GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stage 2 vs m3

Sudu420

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 gti mkv
Just got home from seeing Jackass 3D and pulling out of the mall this beamer was behind me the whole way to the highway. Once on the highway he hangs back quite a bit so I just get into fifth and drive. Next thing i know i see him flying past me, so i catch up. He put his window down and pointed up to this bend (which i knew ment after the bend, cause its a longggg straight)
So we get to the straight and I'm in 3rd at maybe 4k rmps? He honks it off and we roll. We were step for step with eachother the whole way up to like 115 or so maybe when we caught up the only car on the road and i had to slow and go around. I was really suprised I kept up so well. I'm sure that if we had kept going he would have crept away from me on the top end. Very happy with my tune!

m3 looked to be about a 2005 from pictures I've looked at and had to be stock for me to keep up like that.

fastgti69

M3 Eater
yup, i raced my friend e46 m3. from second gear roll till the end of fifth i was right next to him the WHOLE way.

now that i took out my back seats/spare and got an IC. in the colder nights i do tend to pull in the lower gears. but after 5th gear there is no match that m3 will be out either way, it has great top end.

Moses

Go Kart Champion
yeah my friend had a stock E46 M3 that would run a 13.0 at the drag strip.

i'm SUUUURE this really happened.

fastgti69

M3 Eater

never heard of that. they hit 13.4 stock on 1/4 mile what you talking about?

thats BMW claims too with perfect conditions and launch.

were you being sarcastic bro?

JTW

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
More or less, What do E46 M3's trap?

Sudu420

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 gti mkv

you being sarcastic or saying that you know this can be done?

was it a coupe or a vert?

It was a coupe. He shot me a thumbs up with a suprised look on his face after the run. Then we continued to roll down the highway together for about 10 miles till he exited with some friendly beeps. BEAUTIFUL car thats for sure.

BranCKY3

rubndub
Car(s)
2007 GTI

1/4 mile times mean hardly anything on the street. My friends old supercharged Mustang GT ran a 14.5 at the track, but trapped like 113mph. Do you really think that 14.5 means anything? If our GTI's had RWD and could actually get traction, everyone stage 2 would be running mid-low 13s. Easily.

fastgti69

M3 Eater
A good driver will get 13.0-13.3 @ 107/108mph

A decent/average driver will get 13.4-13.6 @ 105/106mph

there you go. a k03 will never trap over 102, unless you're running water/meth or 100 oct.

or just have a lot of weight reduction..

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
Dude i trapped 101 in 90 degree heat with a cracked turbo, warped dp, and a small boost leak.

There are more than a hand full of cases where a stock KO3 non w/m car has trapped over 102. Its just a matter of getting a good launch and getting your shift points right.

Moses

Go Kart Champion
never heard of that. they hit 13.4 stock on 1/4 mile what you talking about?

thats BMW claims too with perfect conditions and launch.

were you being sarcastic bro?

no.... my friend's M3 ran a 13.0.

i should mention it had aftermarket springs, that came with the car when he bought it. it was low as hell.

i wasn't being sarcastic. that thing hooks like a beast. he was throwing 60' ft times like 1.8

Moses

Go Kart Champion
1/4 mile times mean hardly anything on the street. My friends old supercharged Mustang GT ran a 14.5 at the track, but trapped like 113mph. Do you really think that 14.5 means anything? If our GTI's had RWD and could actually get traction, everyone stage 2 would be running mid-low 13s. Easily.

and this is why street races mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

they are just gay, and unsafe.

p.s. lol at your friends mustang. 14.5@113 :lol:

fastgti69

M3 Eater
Dude i trapped 101 in 90 degree heat with a cracked turbo, warped dp, and a small boost leak.

There are more than a hand full of cases where a stock KO3 non w/m car has trapped over 102. Its just a matter of getting a good launch and getting your shift points right.

okay, then 105 mph trap it wont get higher than that i'll promise you with regular tires not on radials or DR's... i'm just trying to say that we're not going to pull on m3's unless weight reduction or 100 octane/watermeth.

their gearing is so much better than ours. 3rd gear they're still going till round 100 mph while we have to switch at 80 mph. and their 4 gear goes to like 130. again we're at 110 mph at the end of 4th gear.

the 335i is even crasier 110 in 3rd gear!!!!