GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 GTI vs XLR

Jimkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Short and sweet:

Did a pull with a friends XLR from 30 till a little past 100 on the feeder, jumped him by 1-2 cars and held that until we shut down. Did another pull once we got on the highway from 60 to 120ish same results. Thought he would of pulled on me during the 2nd run... really happy with my APR so far. :thumbsup:

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
wats an xlr?

Jimkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea definitely not the V model, but still a quick car when i rode in it. :wink:

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
nice kill op.

TSiUG

sleeper...
Not buying it sorry. 4.5 to 60 and a 13 sec 1/4 at 110 mph. Don't matter rolling races are pointless and dont prove anything.

Do better research.....You are talking about the stats from the Supercharged V version. This story is definitely believable. Regular XLR does low-mid 14s.

Jimkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea wasnt the V model. thats for sure.

J2.0tD

Ready to race!
nice kill op, xlr is my dream car haha

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Not buying it sorry. 4.5 to 60 and a 13 sec 1/4 at 110 mph. Don't matter rolling races are pointless and dont prove anything.

I think it's funny when people come in here and say things like this. Do you guys really think people waste time coming in here to make up random stories? "Oh I know, I'll get on the GTI forum and tell people I just spanked a brand new ZR1! That will make my e-penis huge!"

OP, sweet. I think the XLR looks cool as hell, but I can see this especially with all that extra weight from the convertible.

Jimkv

Passed Driver's Ed
I personally like the old CTS-V sedan. sick ass car.