GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

St. Louis Thread #3

azier

Passed Driver's Ed
I did today. Called three more places before I found one and, luckily, they can squeeze my job in tomorrow morning while I have a meeting and won't need my car anyway.

I don't think I could do the job myself... I found the bit online, it's not too expensive. Thinking maybe I'll ship one to a couple shops for Christmas. Audi/VW makes up a large enough market share that they ought to have one.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
I did today. Called three more places before I found one and, luckily, they can squeeze my job in tomorrow morning while I have a meeting and won't need my car anyway.

I don't think I could do the job myself... I found the bit online, it's not too expensive. Thinking maybe I'll ship one to a couple shops for Christmas. Audi/VW makes up a large enough market share that they ought to have one.

Lol that would be hilarious

posted via tapatalk

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
I even had a shop do my rear wheel bearing. Had a breaker bar with a cheater pipe and I was breaking tools instead of getting it apart. Fronts are easy

Now that I'm not surprised with for some reason lol

posted via tapatalk

azier

Passed Driver's Ed
That makes me feel better about it.
P-Flo came in today. Will hooking it up now cause any problems or should I wait to get my APR tune adjusted at a shop?

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
That makes me feel better about it.
P-Flo came in today. Will hooking it up now cause any problems or should I wait to get my APR tune adjusted at a shop?

No problem at all, install that thing, I loved the pflo I had

posted via tapatalk

azier

Passed Driver's Ed
Sweet, I'll probably try to get it on tomorrow after work. So, since I have an intake, my next upgrade -- it seems -- would be Exhaust & HPFP.

If I don't want anything super loud and obvious, it seems that the APR RSC is sort of the way to go, to have the stealthy performance. Am I correct in this or is there an alternative of equal quality?

As for HPFP, there's a lot of autotech distrust out there, so I guess I'll have to save damn near 100,000 pennies for the APR one; unless I can somehow finagle it getting down and back over a few days I won't need my car. Which seems to be about never.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Sweet, I'll probably try to get it on tomorrow after work. So, since I have an intake, my next upgrade -- it seems -- would be Exhaust & HPFP.

If I don't want anything super loud and obvious, it seems that the APR RSC is sort of the way to go, to have the stealthy performance. Am I correct in this or is there an alternative of equal quality?

As for HPFP, there's a lot of autotech distrust out there, so I guess I'll have to save damn near 100,000 pennies for the APR one; unless I can somehow finagle it getting down and back over a few days I won't need my car. Which seems to be about never.

I personally never had that great of an exhaust on my mkv, but I've gone through a few on the beetle and SPM's exhausts are on par with APR if you ask me. And they're a little less expensive. HPFP unfortunately I think APR is the only way to go for reliability.

posted via tapatalk

azier

Passed Driver's Ed
For me, if coffee is involved, there is no such thing as too early. I was just curious because my friend Tom is in the StL Z club and has talked about it. Might come down some day, didn't know if any VW folks went.

So today I installed my P-Flo and learned what air intake and DVs sound like. I NEVER heard either with the stock cover and intake. Also, the P-Flo is pretty easy to install except the bottom clamp that attaches to the turbo. Not enough room to maneuver a screw driver or space to see if it's properly on there.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
For me, if coffee is involved, there is no such thing as too early. I was just curious because my friend Tom is in the StL Z club and has talked about it. Might come down some day, didn't know if any VW folks went.

So today I installed my P-Flo and learned what air intake and DVs sound like. I NEVER heard either with the stock cover and intake. Also, the P-Flo is pretty easy to install except the bottom clamp that attaches to the turbo. Not enough room to maneuver a screw driver or space to see if it's properly on there.

Nice, let me know if you ever go, I may wake up early one saturday lol.

Pflo looks good, and yea gives lots of good noises lol

posted via tapatalk