GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Springs Question!!

Heco94

Ready to race!
I'm looking at getting Eibach Pro-Kit springs .. some one told me that my ride will be bounce -.-

and on this forum there's a springs FAQ thing that say's it stiffens my ride 15% which is true ..

Also has anyone ever used eibach pro's and are they good. do you corner better than stock? ( the car is a mk5 rabbit)
Some people say when you put aftermarket springs on a used car is doomed to failure ,I'm wondering why?The cars I'm looking at are hmm 11kmiles to 40kmiles 2006-07 model year.

I'm also planning a 27mm sway bar in the rear with hawk HPS brake pads if that changes anything ..

presto_128

Ready to race!
Car(s)
United Gray GTI MKV
Had my prokit installed a few months ago. Great springs, without affecting the ride quality much..15% is a pretty good estimate. I was going to go for the Koni Yellows / prokit combo but unfortunately they were back ordered. So right now I have the prokit with the stock shocks. When the shocks go out in a few years I will replace them with the Koni's. Handling is like a day and night compared to stock shocks. The prokit is probably the most conservative drop since it only lowers your car by more or less an inch.

stringshifter6

Nom Nom Nom
Car(s)
2007 GTI
The stock shocks are valved for the stock spring rate. When you put stiffer/shorter springs on stock shocks, the combination is now underdamped, which can cause the car to bounce. The stock shocks will also wear out faster.

Aftermarket shocks are best for aftermarket springs.

Heco94

Ready to race!
what's bouncing mean? were when I hit a bump? of when i hit a corner? I really need a stiffer ride! I don't have the cash for coil overs or for springs and shocks..

I'll, just looking to have these for maybe a few years (2-3) ,and then after that I'll change to coilovers or put in new shocks ( planning to drive the car 5-7years)

Last edited:

stringshifter6

Nom Nom Nom
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Shocks keep the car from rebounding excessively after a bump. If you put springs that overpower the shocks, they will not be able to control rebound successfully, leading to a bouncy feeling ride.

Save up for the coils and don't do springs and shocks first, it saves you time and money.

Heco94

Ready to race!
Hmm .. I haven't heard any horror stories about these springs these are the VW springs ( you can buy off the website sorda' like an aftermarket spring made my the factory ,but painted blue these I think seem the best for my needs and shouldn't be to bouncy )

What do you all think?

Can some One with Eibach Pro-Kit Springs running on stock shocks please tell me if the ride is bad and if it makes you handle better or worse?!

stringshifter6

Nom Nom Nom
Car(s)
2007 GTI
dude come on, the answer and tradeoff is there. On GTI shocks, the mild spring kits such as the Eibach and VW Driver Gear springs (which are also made by Eibach) will be alright but the Rabbit shocks are valved much softer.

Heco94

Ready to race!
Well I don't have the car just doing research before so I know what I'm getting myself into.I'm done with the threads I've posted lately. I've gotten my answers thanks to everyone for helping me!

The choices are Hawk HPS brake pads , 25mm Neuspeed Rear Sway bar , Eibach Pro-Kit springs , and maybe AP brake fluid ,and possibly Neuspeed Steel Brake lines ..
I'm doing most of it DIY I have a family friend who is a mechanice who owes be a favor he'll do all the brake upgrading (lines , fluid the pads ). Me and some friends are going to the the spring and sway bar installs .. all DIY and all =]