GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spring rates....

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Hey everyone, I did some digging but i couldn't find anything really relating to what im after..

I'm able to get a hellava deal on a set of koni yellow struts and ground control coils, any spring rates I want, all brand new for a price too good to let go by.. but here is my issue.. I have no idea what sort of rates for this car lol..

What would you guys suggest for a good spring rate? I'm not going hammered low, but low. I want the car to handle good obviously, and not ride like a board... any help??

If it helps in the decision, I'm going to end up going big turbo in the coming months and want traction which starts with suspension, that's why im not positive on rates.

Thank you guys! I apologize if this has been discussed and I just overlooked it.

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
I'd probably do 350/350 for a daily driver. The Eibach R1s come with 275s up front even. If you search for the Eibach R1 thread in the track section you'll find lots of spring rate info.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
400F/350R
based on your signature photo, i like your response. :thumbsup:

I'd probably do 350/350 for a daily driver. The Eibach R1s come with 275s up front even. If you search for the Eibach R1 thread in the track section you'll find lots of spring rate info.
okay sweet i'll look into it more.

I'm okay with it being a bit more stiff, but i like the 400/350 setup, sounds like an all around good setup. That with the adjustable dampening on the koni yellows should give me good results.

Thank you guys!

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
350front and 250-300r depending on the free length of the springs.

Last edited:

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
i like my tiens. they arent bad at all. it almost feels factory. id get those man

I ran the koni/gc setup on on my old civic, they go low, my car was the lowest daily driven ej8 sedan in the country hahah. those were 550f/450r lol.

I dont want a factory feel, I can't stand stock suspension on anything lol. I want a little stiffer, but not a 2x4 lol

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion