Sports Forum Member Conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Sports Forum Member Conduct

1. No Flaming. We all get caught up in heated sports discussion/debates, and that's fine. However, refrain from any personal attacks. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and could result in a members losing points or if sever enough to be banned. There will be no warnings. If you cant discuss sports in a intelligent manor, than move along.. That goes for members that feel the need to post things like lakers suck or yankes suck or red sox rules etc.

2. Profanity.. Do not by pass the expletive filter. We all drop the F bombs and various other profanity. Keep it to a minimum , and by minimum we mean minimum. We dont want to see post that are filled with expletives.

3. No team threads! That takes away from the General Discussion threads.
Avatar Bets are permitted! If you bet your avatar on a outcome of a game with another member, you must go through with the avatar bet.

It's not hard to follow these simple rules. We all like talking sports and often we all get carried away with. If you can't follow the rules , than that sub-fourm may not be for you .

(Mods please close the Yankee thread and Laker thread ):thumbsup: Also feel free to change the rules to how you see. We can all work on them to how we all see fit. I'm just giving some ideas.

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
So are you playing God now? Would you also have a problem IF I TALKED IN ALL CAPS FOR TOO LONG IN A PARTICULAR SENTENCE??? Or maybe you have a problem with bold?

NO team threads? Come on, that is ridiculous.

Keep them open and I say add as many as need be.

People are going to swear if they are venting, did you know that douchebag is now an acceptable word TV? OMG! Can you handle it!!

Last edited:

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
^ You're the same guy that said we wouldn't get the sports sub forum right? You should go back to that thread because 2 mods both thought it was a good idea and both thought the rules were a good idea.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115612

If you make team threads than it would go on for pages, and take away from the season threads.

Also I'm not playing god because there isnt such thing as one. If you meant to say playing mod than I guess so.

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
No but helps keep things in check come down the line. Again I'm not sure if you have posted in a post season thread before but things get very heated and people post play by play. Ask some of the baseball fans from last year. I mean dude I started the yankee thread, if you want you could leave it open but really whats the point of team threads? to chear on your own team and say "go team"? If you have a season thread than you can talk about trades, playoffs and things like that. You get it now?

utekineir

Banned
Isn't the best part of sports debates drunkenly arguing in circles while swearing and making fun of the other team/players/individual.

I.e. drunk boston meatheads calling jeter/arod homos, then said homos winning world series. While boston gets raped by la, who were supposed to collapse like they always do.

Leaving me crying in a corner.

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Isn't the best part of sports debates drunkenly arguing in circles while swearing and making fun of the other team/players/individual.

I.e. drunk boston meatheads calling jeter/arod homos, then said homos winning world series. While boston gets raped by la, who were supposed to collapse like they always do.

Leaving me crying in a corner.

lol Last year was the best because yankee fans and philly fans were going hard at each other because well philly won the year before that and at the end of that year they were talking all kinds of stuff. Anyways I think some guy got banned because he took things way to personal. If this is a bad idea than a mod will just DEL the thread. Like last time when kozluv said making a sports sub forum was dumb, well they made one.:happyanim:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I'm closing this thread. There are no additional rules to be laid down. Especially by those who don't make the rules of this forum. We can appreciate your wanting to keep things cleaned up around here. But if you look at the top of each and every forum/sub-forum...the rules are already posted in the 'announcement'. As long as members post within the guidelines of the forum, then there shouldn't be any problems.

As always, if anyone notices a post that is not within the guidelines of the forum, you are encouraged to report it to the Mods. Post are delt with on a case by case basis. Thank you.

P.S. Members are free to start threads in regard to their favorite teams. If you're not a fan of it, then don't visit or post in them. Plain and simple. But others shouldn't be held back from discussing a singled out team with fans who share the same passion. We're not trying to run a dictatorship here. It's merely a sub-forum for sports fans. The starting of a sports forum is something that has been talked about a few times here in the past couple years. This isn't some "great new idea" that's just now being spoke of for the first time. My hopes are that it continues to grow...regardless of what sport, or what team someone wants to talk about. Take care and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.