GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Speakers size for the new VW Golf MK5?

FUBARMS

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Hi I just bought a bran new 2006 VW Golf MK5 and I love it a lot. I want to upgrade the sound system and not sure what the speakers size they are and what brand I should get. I want to replace all the speakers and plus that sub in the back. I also want to replace the stock CD player to a DVD Navigation any ideas thanks.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Check out the forums in the audio and electronics section. You are looking at over sized 7", a 4", and a tweeter up front. As for the rear..nobody seems to know.

FUBARMS

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Cool thanks for t he replay I will check out the audio and electronics section

maxitrol

Passed Driver's Ed
i ave up graded my audio in my 54 mrk v golf.the header unit is a alpine iva-d310/rb header unit with sat nav £1500.00 with a kca 420i for i pod with 2 amps and a sub in the boot, up grade speakers front & rear 6.5 inch front (ground zero) with 6.5 inch in the rear ad to make adapotor plates,the cross overs on the front speakers are in the glove box

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Don't know if it's available in the US, but VW do a relatively inexpensive (like +£400) BOSE sound system upgrade, ten speakers, a sub, and an amp... I'm considering getting it for my car, though the current setup is already pretty hot (I got one of the first GTIs built, back when they were doing 10-speaker setups instead of the 8 that people get nowadays)

cmdrfire

Hmn... I wonder why VW UK are only selling cars with 8 speakers nowadays and with increased price as well?
I hear they got rid of two-zone Climatronic as standard as well!

EDIT - and FUBARMS, as to the DVD Navigation, the VW MFD2 DVD works great. You can find such units on ebay I believe.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
No highs, no lows, must be Bose!

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
We get the 10 speaker set up here in the states too.

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
cmdrfire said:
Hmn... I wonder why VW UK are only selling cars with 8 speakers nowadays and with increased price as well?
I hear they got rid of two-zone Climatronic as standard as well!

EDIT - and FUBARMS, as to the DVD Navigation, the VW MFD2 DVD works great. You can find such units on ebay I believe.

06 models were not supose to have the 10 speakers but many do. I have the offical VW dealer info letter from VW that says 8 speakers.

I have no idea about the "got rid of two-zone Climatronic as standard as well!" that must have been very recent last week or so as i missed that :eyebulge:

The UKs and europes soundpack opion is also available in the USA. The Amp i posted a pic of in another thread in the ICE section. Its under the passanger seat in the UK or in LHD markets the drivers seat. Its a 6x25W amp that drives the front speakers. The front speakers in this package are suppose to be uprated but i have my doubts.
It is a step up upgrade but its a high price nearer £700 iirc.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I hate factory amps because often times you have to bypass them...then the hunt begins.

cmdrfire

snoopy said:
06 models were not supose to have the 10 speakers but many do. I have the offical VW dealer info letter from VW that says 8 speakers.
Hmn, interesting... my friend was looking to buy a GTI, he was shown an 06 model and commented to me on the lack of two of the speakers. I wonder why they decided to change at all? And it doesn't surprise me that many cars are coming with 10 speakers, VW UK don't seem to have their act entirely all together...

I have no idea about the "got rid of two-zone Climatronic as standard as well!" that must have been very recent last week or so as i missed that :eyebulge:

I've yet to see a car without it, but from what I heard it's no longer standard, instead they come with that one-zone Climatic thing. Yet to see it for myself though.

The UKs and europes soundpack opion is also available in the USA. The Amp i posted a pic of in another thread in the ICE section. Its under the passanger seat in the UK or in LHD markets the drivers seat. Its a 6x25W amp that drives the front speakers. The front speakers in this package are suppose to be uprated but i have my doubts.
It is a step up upgrade but its a high price nearer £700 iirc.

I've been thinking about getting the soundpack - but how do you get £700? It's about £170 for the front speakers with the amp and £115 for the rear speakers, plus fitting... unless there're different things that we're thinking of?

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
cmdrfire said:
I've been thinking about getting the soundpack - but how do you get £700? It's about £170 for the front speakers with the amp and £115 for the rear speakers, plus fitting... unless there're different things that we're thinking of?
Yes sorry about that i thought you were talking about from the factory from new. Not fitting afterwards. Thats why i said £700 its a £675 option from new.
This of cause includes the RCD500 that iirc has a line out for the amplifier unlike the RCD300.

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
cmdrfire said:
Hmn, interesting... my friend was looking to buy a GTI, he was shown an 06 model and commented to me on the lack of two of the speakers. I wonder why they decided to change at all? And it doesn't surprise me that many cars are coming with 10 speakers, VW UK don't seem to have their act entirely all together...

page 1 of VW 05 06 spec changes

page2

page3

Just for anyones future ref on the spec difference of 05 to 06 .