GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spammers

iBalushi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
As
But do they actually get money/gold?

It seems too fake for a normal person to believe?! I mean hell since I was 13 I knew this was all fake s**t.

Any links or research that they actually get money?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
But do they actually get money/gold?

It seems too fake for a normal person to believe?! I mean hell since I was 13 I knew this was all fake s**t.

Any links or research that they actually get money?
Yes, stuff like that does work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_scam#Monetary_loss_estimates

The average per capita income in Nigeria is about 2% of what it is in the US, so even if a scammer manages to swindle just one person per month out of a hundred bucks or so, they are still doing far better than the average Nigerian.

Info on cheap electronics scams:

http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3871

Last edited:

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
These bastard spammers lately keep setting the car field in their profile to "buick"

How about a way that is not allowed or if some does enter that it has to approved?

Don't know why they choose that or if it is an automated thing.

Been reporting them as much as I can

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
How about you are restricted to post in one section until you surpass x number of posts? I think rctech(hobby site) started doing that after a fair number of spammers.
This way we can consolidate all the spam.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
How about you are restricted to post in one section until you surpass x number of posts? I think rctech(hobby site) started doing that after a fair number of spammers.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

As Bender said, just report them to the mods, they will take care of it. This is obviosly the same person that has been spamming for the past week or so. I have reported today's episode.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
That's only possible if the forum software supports it. I also don't think it would be effective, the clown registers and immediately dumps 20 posts on the forum -- do you really want to restrict legitimate users looking for help to some trashcan section until they get to 20+ posts?

Realistically the only option is to report problems as they arise and have the mods take care of them.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
There are some forum plugins out there that maintain a blacklist of ip addresses used by spammers so you can block many of them that way. But even with that implemented it's still a struggle.

The automated ones are the easiest to handle. But when they have real people registering to post this junk it's tough to deal with other than moderating after the fact.