GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOWO 2012

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
I know its a bit early but people are already booking/planning to go. I saw a similar thread on Golfmk6 and thought it would be cool to have it here also. I know there's an Event section but not a lot of people look at it.
I missed it last year not missing it this year. I am planning on staying up there for the show.
So for those going, or thinking about going heres a few ??

Southern Worthersee (SoWo) May 18-20, 2012

----------- 6th Anniversary--------------
www.southernworthersee.com

Who is planning to go?
Where you staying?
Stories or pics from previous SoWo?
Roadtrips?
Get togethers?

And a pic thats fitting from the mk6 thread

Parrothead

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I'm going.. not sure if I'll stay up there or just drive home and then come back.. first time attending :drinking:

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I'm going. Already booked for the Quality Inn for the 18th-21st.

Never been before but I'm going with a lot of forum regulars on here who have been before.

Fullnelson

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG
This will be my first year going to SOWO. I'm going with a whole group of friends. We have 2 rooms I believe so we are all gonna bunk together and what not. I have heard lots of good things from the people in our group who have been to previous events. I'm pretty excited to see for myself what its all about.

stenger944

Gti Guy
Car(s)
09 Mkv GTI
There are about 20 of us from Pittsburgh heading down and staying together. For most of us this will be our first time.

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
This is not my first time but I have never stayed overnight. For those who have stayed the night, what hotel/motel or cabin did you stay? I am planning on bringing my wife and not sure if we want to be in a hotel where its non-stop partying. Maybe a cabin not too far away. Suggestions?

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Get your reservations now bc they are definitely booking up QUICK. Im not going but I have a group of friends going and they are looking for a place now and a lot of the good places to be are already booked up.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Get your reservations now bc they are definitely booking up QUICK.

THIS.

I'm staying at the Quality Inn and have heard good things about it but the first 3 hotels I tried (Helendorf, Country Inn, & Best Western) all showed no rooms available when I booked on 1/23.

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
Thought these pic from the mk6 forum were also pretty cool. Looks like renting a cabin with a few friends might be fun.

Last edited:

stenger944

Gti Guy
Car(s)
09 Mkv GTI
This is not my first time but I have never stayed overnight. For those who have stayed the night, what hotel/motel or cabin did you stay? I am planning on bringing my wife and not sure if we want to be in a hotel where its non-stop partying. Maybe a cabin not too far away. Suggestions?

Check out Rent Helen. I'm pretty sure thats the group we went through to find our cabin. It's reasonably priced and it is not far away at all.

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi

The ramada where I stayed my first year there was quiet.

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
2 years in the helendorf, this time around we are doing a cabin

no doubt helendorf is the place to be but i need my sleep lol, we were in the 1st floor right by the entrance last year and were hearing cars "2 stepping" at 3am, thought they were gun shots lol

will hangout at the helendorf but will leave and sleep a couple miles away

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
^Yep looking at cabins right now-I am 36 yrs old and need my sleep-can't stay up all night like the young-uns.