GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Southbend clutch kit.

karl87

Ready to race!
Does anyone have any experience with the sbc kits? I am trying to decide between the stage 2 endurance and stage 2 drag kits. I am concerned that the drag kit will be to sensitive for daily driving, is this a valid concern? I basically want the fastest shift times and least rotational mass that's why Id likely go with the drag kit if someone with the kit can vouch for any sort of streetablity. Thanks guys.

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
getting a drag clutch for street is going full retard.

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
go with the endurance, drag is too on/off for useful street driving. Clutches and cams are things that you don't always buy the biggest / most expensive of.. just because racecars use them doesn't mean they are good for the street. They will work, but it isn't going to be fun to drive when it grabs immediately every time you start letting the clutch out

karl87

Ready to race!
go with the endurance, drag is too on/off for useful street driving. Clutches and cams are things that you don't always buy the biggest / most expensive of.. just because racecars use them doesn't mean they are good for the street. They will work, but it isn't going to be fun to drive when it grabs immediately every time you start letting the clutch out

Which is why I'm not going with the stage 3,4 or 5. I was hoping to hear from someone with personal experience on the matter to hear if they are happy or regretful with their purchase. I am aware the clutch take up will be much less and the activation will be more abrupt but I would like to know just how so in the stage 2 drag clutch.

I have the endurance sitting in my living room for over 6 months,so I dont have it on the car yet....buttttttttttt,I did call southbend and they told me for stage 2 with fuel pump tune,which I have its more than enough so,stage 2+ endurance its the one.

karl87

Ready to race!
I just read a bunch of your threads volkswagen85, I know it will hold, even stage 2 daily will, I was just wondering if drag is way way to agressive for the street.

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
get a dsg.

I just read a bunch of your threads volkswagen85, I know it will hold, even stage 2 daily will, I was just wondering if drag is way way to agressive for the street.

it is,and u might wanna do motor mounts too with the clutch,it would make a difference....both on ur wallet and the driving experience,lol

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
As usual, someone says they want something, then the suggestions start flying with no context whatsoever.

What are you doing with car, why need bigger clutch?

I can offer feedback for my DD that hits the track a lot, I have SB stg2 endurance, its an excellent setup for track and livable for DD chores. And the standard disclaimer, if you sit in traffic a lot with A/C on, it might not be for you.

karl87

Ready to race!
As usual, someone says they want something, then the suggestions start flying with no context whatsoever.

What are you doing with car, why need bigger clutch?

I can offer feedback for my DD that hits the track a lot, I have SB stg2 endurance, its an excellent setup for track and livable for DD chores. And the standard disclaimer, if you sit in traffic a lot with A/C on, it might not be for you.

Yeah Some people are pretty immature but that's the world we live in today. I autocross, drag race, and occasionally hit a road course if I can find an open event. I have lost my first gear and my clutch has been slipping for quite some time now so since im repairing my trans i've decided to do a clutch as well and want something that will not slip, has a better (Stiffer) feel to it and a lower and quicker engagement point not to mention all of the benefits of a single mass flywheel. I'm not to worried about stiffness I am more worried about the (on/off) switch effect.