GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

South by Southwest in Austin, who's going?

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Paging dubessa:

News
RICHIE HAWTIN AND DEADMAU5 TO PERFORM TOGETHER AT SXSW By Justin Brown
06 March 2013

Words
News

RICHIE HAWTIN AND DEADMAU5 TO PERFORM TOGETHER AT SXSW

Richie Hawtin and Deadmau5 will perform together at this year's South By South West (SXSW) festival.

They'll play a very special "versus" set at the SXSW interactive closing party, hosted by Media Temple.

This news follows the announcement that the pair would host a talk together during SXSW's daytime conference.

Hawtin has previously announced his admiration for Deadmau5 and word on the street is that they'll pull off a "stripped-back techno" set especially for SXSW.

The event goes down at famed Texas venue Stubb's BBQ on Tuesday March 12 and looks set to be a stunning collaboration by two artists at the top of the dance music game in their respective spheres. It kicks off at 9pm, with the pair giving a talk elsewhere earlier in the evening.

However, they are not as odd a pairing as one might think, as Deadmau5 clearly has a penchant for the more minimal side of things. Also, Richie, being the tech nerd that he is, has the utmost respect for the Mau5 and how he leverages technology to make his shows truly amazing.

http://www.mixmag.net/words/news/richie-hawtin--deadmau5-to-play-back-to-back-set

Two of the biggest Canadian exports in dance music, with a decade or two apart when it comes to their careers. Ain't gonna lie it would be interesting to see this.

ghotch

MKVI Owner
Car(s)
2010 GTI
People are starting to flow into town...Lots to do next week!

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
So there's a private show Depeche Mode is playing but it is so limited that even SXSW wristband/badgeholders are placed in a lottery to attend an intimate show of theirs.

GOD WHAT I WOULD DO TO GO SEE DAVE GAHAN IN A FAR MORE INTIMATE SETTING :wub:

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Oh yeah, I also need a place to crash. Time to hit up my contacts (though it's probably too late now lol)

ghotch

MKVI Owner
Car(s)
2010 GTI
So there's a private show Depeche Mode is playing but it is so limited that even SXSW wristband/badgeholders are placed in a lottery to attend an intimate show of theirs.

GOD WHAT I WOULD DO TO GO SEE DAVE GAHAN IN A FAR MORE INTIMATE SETTING :wub:

LOL, I'm sure that's going to be a great show...I'm an old DM fan from way back in the 80's...yeah, I guess that makes me old.

:thumbup:

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
LOL, I'm sure that's going to be a great show...I'm an old DM fan from way back in the 80's...yeah, I guess that makes me old.

:thumbup:

haha I'm 28, I got into DM thanks to It's No Good in middle school lol

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
http://depechemode.tumblr.com/post/44859868426/depeche-mode-announce-showcase-presented-by-yahoo#_=_

Depeche Mode Announce Showcase Presented by Yahoo! @ SXSW Music Festival on Friday, March 15th

Previously Announced Panel Discussion With The Band @ SXSW To Be Held on Wednesday, March 13th & Will Be Moderated By Jason Bentley—Music Director of KCRW in Los Angeles

Depeche Mode’s SXSW performance will be available on Yahoo! Music on March 26

(Columbia Records; New York, NY; March 8, 2013) – Following on the heels of their panel announcement, Depeche Mode have confirmed their first ever showcase at South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival on Friday, March 15th. Presented by Yahoo! the exclusive show will take place at Austin’s Brazos Hall with Depeche Mode scheduled to take the stage at 10pm. The concert will give lucky fans an exclusive preview of the band’s new album, Delta Machine, which is due out on Columbia Records on March 26th. SXSW will be holding a ticket lottery that will be open to SXSW Platinum and Music badge holders beginning TODAY at 12pm CST. For full ticketing details and show information please go to http://www.sxsw.com/ticket-drawings.

Depeche Mode released news earlier this week that they will also sit down for a discussion moderated by KCRW Music Director Jason Bentley. This unique look inside the legendary band will be held on Wednesday, March 13th at 5pm at the Austin Convention Center. The discussion is open to all Music and Platinum badges as well as Artist Wristbands.

The band’s new album, Delta Machine, was recorded over the last year in Santa Barbara, California and New York City and was produced by Ben Hillier and mixed by Flood. Alongside a standard CD format, Depeche Mode will release Delta Machine in an exclusive Deluxe Edition with four additional new tracks and accompanied by a 28 page hardcover book including photos by longtime artistic collaborator Anton Corbijn. The first single, “Heaven,” was released earlier this month to critical acclaim. Depeche Mode will kick off their European tour on May 7th in Tel Aviv with North American tour details to be announced in the coming weeks.

FULL RUN OF SHOW & SET TIMES:
Doors 7:00 PM
Feathers
The Neighbourhood
Depeche Mode
ERIC PRYDZ

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
I live in Austin, so I always check out a free show or two. However, im headed to Houston to see Muse Tuesday. Cant wait.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3.

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi

I'm not really that surprised by this, Joel, was noted as being very into techno and tech house in his younger years. Deadmau5 made a pretty good techno/tech house album.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion

I'm not really that surprised by this, Joel, was noted as being very into techno and tech house in his younger years. Deadmau5 made a pretty good techno/tech house album.

I spoke to Frankie "Godfather of Rave" Bones a while back and I remember he told me that Deadmau5 went up to him when they both played together in early 2008 that he was his favorite DJ.

And have you seen his old school raver pics? :lol: