GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Someone with a Bentley Manual. Torque specs

danman132x

Ready to race!
Hello, If you have a Bentley manual, I need the torque specs for the 3 vacuum pump bolts. I need to replace the oring on mine, I took it out and made them pretty tight by hand, but when I remove it again I want to do it properly. Don't want to risk stripping the aluminum..

that for brakes??
if so...

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 903

danman132x

Ready to race!
I don't think those are the specs. It's the bolts for the vacuum pump. Here I have it removed.

you can see 2 of the three arms where the bolts go into. The vacuum pump right by the HPFP

ya, looking it up by "right by the hpfp" doesnt work...lol jk.
but with my alldata, it only brings up those 2 pumps when i search vacuum pump. so if it goes by another name, or a description besides mechanical vacuum pump, then i could find it

Millennium Falcon

Ready to race!
Looked in the manual and a few places on line and there isnt any. Just tighten it down and give an 1/8-1/4 turn and call it a day, its aluminum so just be careful.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Bump.. Anyone else know what the torque specs might be?

A long time ago when I checked my cam revision, all I had to remove the vacuum pump at the time was a screwdriver, and was tightened down with a screwdriver too. I forgot that it was never tightened to spec. If there is no spec, just "tight" is good, then it's definitely not on there tight enough as a screwdriver can only do so much.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Looked in the manual and a few places on line and there isnt any. Just tighten it down and give an 1/8-1/4 turn and call it a day, its aluminum so just be careful.

x2 every reference to that fastner in Bentley did not have a torque spec assigned like almost every other one.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
x2 every reference to that fastner in Bentley did not have a torque spec assigned like almost every other one.

Okay, thanks. I'll use my judgement, if there's no specs then I don't think I'm in danger of ruining anything.

Might be off topic but, whenever I come to a stop, the revs drop and the car almost feels like it's going to stall (DSG), but then the revs come back up to normal idle. One time, I came to an abrupt stop and the car actually did "stall". Surprised/scared the shit out of me! Any idea how that might happen?

Tapatalkin

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Fwiw the spec I show for the Vp bolts to head from Vw 9Nm
I don't know why I couldn't find it in the Audi A3 BPY booklet.
I thought for sure its torque would be in there...as most are.
Did you happen to see it (if you looked)?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
No I looked in the VW Mk5 spec booklet and nothing about the VP had to search VW repair manual to find the spec.