GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some pretty epic builds going on!

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Despite forums dieing off its good to see there's still some action in here. On top of that, seems like most of the members still here are in the process of some epic builds right now. Just wanted to tip my hat to everyone still not only active here but taking their cars to some incredible levels. We currently have some 7-10 big turbo builds going on, a couple of legit racecar builds and almost no stance builds!! Keep up the good work!!

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Stance builds are all on Instagram. I am really not looking forward to the death of forums, you really cant get the same info elsewhere. Photobucket's recent killing of like every photo in every post since the dawn of time was a big hit.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yep, finding it harder and harder to find relative info when hoping to find a fix these days.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Listen, my bagged build is going to make you change your tune...bitches love bags!

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
I must be old. I really do prefer forums for this type of information, plus I like keeping my own build thread mainly as a log of whats what every once in a while. Lots of people are transitioning into fb groups but I think that this is a far better format to preserve and find the information still. At the very least, it's proven reliable for years as long as someone is willing to spend on it.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I must be old. I really do prefer forums for this type of information, plus I like keeping my own build thread mainly as a log of whats what every once in a while. Lots of people are transitioning into fb groups but I think that this is a far better format to preserve and find the information still. At the very least, it's proven reliable for years as long as someone is willing to spend on it.

Completely agree! Facebook is too disorganised, forums have always been my preference. I must be old to lol.

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
Stance builds are all on Instagram. I am really not looking forward to the death of forums, you really cant get the same info elsewhere. Photobucket's recent killing of like every photo in every post since the dawn of time was a big hit.

This ^ ... It really forked over my thread on here.... gd photobucket

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I prefer forums as well. My track car thread has over 50 pages on it, I'd be devastated if the site ever went down or something and I lost it all. Eventually when I have a ton of free time I'll prob go back and print it all out to make a book or something. I'd love to go back 20 years from now and read it. Man some of the best times I've had in the past few years is me working on the car.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Completely agree! Facebook is too disorganised, forums have always been my preference. I must be old to lol.

It really isn't about age. It is about using the right tool for the job. Facebook is just the wrong tool for the job.

Facebook started life in 2004 as a way for Harvard students to just stay in touch socially, and share whatever was going on "at the moment". It is great for use with disposable information that will sort of appear when it gets pushed further down the list beyond the limit of users. Much like a google search that comes back with 25 pages of links, users rarely look past the first 2 pages.

vBulletin software that we are using is commercial software that came out in 2000 so it is only a bit older than Facebook. The reason you like it so much is that it was designed to do one thing...... forums. It does it well and it has wide adoption across the internet. Right tool for the job.

The version of vBulletin we are using came out in 2009, showing that it has been this durable and useful over 8 years is very good for software, though they have newer versions, probably with better security .

Last edited:

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
I don't have any crazy build here, just a comfy daily. Just replaced the hatch struts today because they were all rusted out and failing. Will probably repainted the fenders and taillight wells before winter to prevent some rust. Maybe paint a set of my Omanyts black for my winter wheels.

Similar car to jay's - k04ed with almost no exterior modifications. Lots of money into suspension, tires and brakes. Not so many track rat days tho lol. Up next are some new bushings and some R888Rs or RS4s to replace the RS3s. Haven't decided yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk