GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Socal - Los Angeles / Mechanic - Shop, recommendations? No more stealer-ship for me!

SM08GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone,

Can anyone tell me a shop (preferably on the west side of Los Angeles) they trust to do ANY and ALL mechanical work on our MKV's? I used to have a place I TRUSTED, but the mechanic retired... though it was inconvenient (over 60 miles away) they did the job right the first time and the price was always less than half of the stealer-ship!

Hoping I can get a few names of local and trusted shops, that I too can trust.

Many thanks!

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
If you're in Santa Monica, the previous owner for my GTI used to go to Santa Monica Autoworks.
There's also Ocean Auto Care in Studio City. Otherwise, the only other shop I have personal experience with is down in Huntington Beach (Metric Autosport)

SM08GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
If you're in Santa Monica, the previous owner for my GTI used to go to Santa Monica Autoworks.
There's also Ocean Auto Care in Studio City. Otherwise, the only other shop I have personal experience with is down in Huntington Beach (Metric Autosport)
Yep, in SM. Been to these guys before, for some light work... They were just ok overall. Thanks!

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
Metric Auto in HB is by far the best I have found. I live in LA and make the drive. If you have AAA you can get it towed down there. Otherwise, you’re out an Uber ride, but still you will save a ton of money.