GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, to answer your question, this is why we didn't buy an Evo...

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
:lol:

Link to story: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=337807

atombomb33

Ready to race!
I used to own an Evo IX before my R32, so I sill frequent Evom. That was a freak occurence...a serious one...but a totally freak occurence. The Evo X has many other issues like...

- already requiring a factory reflash to keep the car from stalling at idle
- notchy shifting from 1>2 and 2>3...and Mitsu says it's normal
- the Recaro seats are falling apart (literally staples in the fabric are coming undone)
- seriously crappy paint...some guys cars look like someone took a bb gun to the front bumper...and Mitsu wont warranty the paint when its an obvious paint flaw

Thats just a few that come to mind. There are many others. Oh, and rental car interior FTL.

But, it does handle amazingly (better than nearly any production car). Acceleration is OK, just not as fast as an VIII or IX. But, the new 4B11 engine seems to create good power with minimal mods and tuning. But, stock turbo and stock fuel system dont seem to be able to produce 400whp which was easily done in the IX.

Anyhow, those are the reasons why I sold my IX and bought my beloved R32.

Last edited:

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
LOL.

Evo IX is still my favorite by far.

bcze1

You people make me laugh
I used to own an Evo IX before my R32, so I sill frequent Evom. That was a freak occurence...a serious one...but a totally freak occurence. The Evo X has many other issues like...

From the looks of the plastic material its made from, it doesn't appear that "freak" to me. I'm sure its stiff as hell, but once pushed beyond its limit it will snap off clean. Not saying it will be a common occurrence, but I'll bet it happens a few more times. And given its the accelerator pedal, I see a NTSB recall in the future.

atombomb33

Ready to race!
From the looks of the plastic material its made from, it doesn't appear that "freak" to me. I'm sure its stiff as hell, but once pushed beyond its limit it will snap off clean. Not saying it will be a common occurrence, but I'll bet it happens a few more times. And given its the accelerator pedal, I see a NTSB recall in the future.

True, but it's the same gas pedal in the Evo X globally and no other failures like that one. It's also the same pedal in the regular Lancer around the globe and no issues with that one either. So, it truly is an odd occurence. But, still a serious issue. Hopefully it doesn't happen to more of them.

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
meh, the only reason I didn't buy one is price (50% more than the GLI) and I didn't want to replace the brakes... LOL...

otherwise I want an IX REAL bad.. :rolleyes:

felix_r32

racecar
their cheap lancers make me puke when I see them on the streets. if that pedal was broken on a 13k msrp car like lancer is understandable but Mitsubishi not covering this damage on a 40+K car is crazy!

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
their cheap lancers make me puke when I see them on the streets. if that pedal was broken on a 13k msrp car like lancer is understandable but Mitsubishi not covering this damage on a 40+K car is crazy!

The pedal broke off an evo 8. Those didn't run for more than 30k for the MR (Top of the line) version.

Wait..nevermind, it came off his Evo X. Carry on.

bcze1

You people make me laugh

sorry, but its not understandable on any car regardless of price. that breaks at the wrong moment and someone dies. mistakes of course do happen, but if it becomes a pattern then there's no excuse