GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

so... someone backed into me

KeVmO

Ready to race!
2.5K of damage....

replacing front bumper, hood, left headlight... poss some engine parts...

question is... would you guys buy aftermarket bumpers and pay the difference?

the insurance already cut me the check....

also... oem hood? or aftermarket?.. if so.. what kind?

Thanks!

Pantera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 vw gti
What insurance u got lol. Ive tryed that several times with multiple cars theyd only give the check to a body shop of their choice and would only put it back to stock. I never seen why they care if i used the money how i felt would better suit me.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
What insurance u got lol. Ive tryed that several times with multiple cars theyd only give the check to a body shop of their choice and would only put it back to stock. I never seen why they care if i used the money how i felt would better suit me.

Thats illegal in most states. Its called steering.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Op go with oem parts. Most aftermarket parts fit like crap. Oem used is fine also.

WRX

Passed Driver's Ed
You know sometimes accidents are blessing in disguise.

I would check around on the craigs and ebay first to see what's out there in your color. Plenty of options for OEM like Thunderbunny, R32s, GTIs & Rabbits.
GL

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Are you planning to fix it youself or have body shop do it.

TheFaulk

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV CW GTI

Usually any insurance company will give you the money IF you own the car and there is no lien on the title. If your bank owns it then it goes to the body shop to go back to stock. Have had this happen on two occasions, once before I owned my Mustang and once after I owned it.

OP-Go with OEM parts, now if you want R32 or Thunderbunny or whatever it is you want then go that route.

Pantera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 vw gti
Usually any insurance company will give you the money IF you own the car and there is no lien on the title. If your bank owns it then it goes to the body shop to go back to stock. Have had this happen on two occasions, once before I owned my Mustang and once after I owned it.

OP-Go with OEM parts, now if you want R32 or Thunderbunny or whatever it is you want then go that route.

Yea i owned mine and it was a hit n run. Was going through an intersection and a car plowed into me and took off. They wouldnt let me have any say or touch any money. The only thing i got was an after market projector head light. Since the guy only damaged one and they werent stock the company that was fixing it told me to pick upa pair and they would pay for it and let me keep the right one lol.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Someone backed into you and you have engine damage?