GOLFMKV

so im considering the r32...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Alf, If you WANT a R32, get it. There is no substitutiopn for the fell of ze german car. Can you get a faster car for about the same price? Yes. Will you get a tin bucket? Yes. I guarantee you, you will miss driving the MKV if you go with a jap.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
^LOL

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
J, you of all people! You're breaking my heart:frown: .

Alf, If you WANT a R32, get it. There is no substitutiopn for the fell of ze german car. Can you get a faster car for about the same price? Yes. Will you get a tin bucket? Yes. I guarantee you, you will miss driving the MKV if you go with a jap.

that statement is wrong. i had a civic with 105,000 miles and never had a problem. with the Mkv, i've been to the dealer many times and now at 21,000 miles i'm throwing a check engine light.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
i test drove the STI one more time before purchased the R32. It is a wicked machine. I have no doubts an STI will hand me my arse all day long. But speed is not everything to me. Not anymore. Heck, today Michael dyno'ed his GTI (my old one), it put more torque than I can ever dream of on my .:R (238whp/279tq). Do you guys think I am an idiot? Or an impulse buyer? No. I looked at my options, and R32 came first. Do I regret it? Absolutely not, I don't look back a single time. It fits me perfect. It suits my driving skills perfect. It has class, image, luxury, quality, uniqueness.

Does it have shortcomings? Yes! It is considerably heavy, but on highend where modded GTIs choke the R pulls and pulls and pulls. Not to mention the handling. Honestly, it is not slow at all. You can trust me.

To me, it is more imprtant if I AM fast, not the car. Maybe older I get, more rational I become. There are guys here like Alf, Dan, Sco (not here anymore, we banned him), we see such slow cars taking over faster ones because of driver skills.

So, Mr. Alf, knowing you enough, if you buy an R, you wont regret it. However, I still would like to be the only one in the family man.

Cheers.

SoCalComatose

Booyahkasha Respekt!
Car(s)
2004 R32
Alf, get a MkIV R32. Stage 2/3 VF, Haldex upgrade. Do coils, F/R sways and a stressbar and your just as stiff as a MkV. Done.

Plus they look so much better, imo. And it's a 6 speed manual...ummm yeah!

350-450hp..mmmmmm. :thumbsup:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
berk pretty much summed it up, i wont be getting one, ill be in my GTI for a while, its been very good to me <3

DSG_MASTER

DSG!!Manstyle!!
Car(s)
GTI MKVI
that statement is wrong. i had a civic with 105,000 miles and never had a problem. with the Mkv, i've been to the dealer many times and now at 21,000 miles i'm throwing a check engine light.

Dude, what are you talking about? Read my post again. Where in there does it say anything about problems? Alf is right about retarded statements. Learn how to read!

Draw007

pdx_rox
why bring up the RS4 when he's looking at an Evo and STI? you realize that's double the money. and all those things you added, i've seen plenty of times on german cars, and in no way are those ever acceptable on even Jap Cars.

You're completly missing the point...

It's all about what you can afford - out of pocket or monthly payment. If he gets an RS4 he's going to blow the STI and EVo out of the water - in stock form.

Alf made his post to get a response. I gave one. Get over it.:evil:

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Dude, what are you talking about? Read my post again. Where in there does it say anything about problems? Alf is right about retarded statements. Learn how to read!

just saying you shouldn't call jap cars tin cans cause not all of them are. the most reliable cars are jap cars. all i heard you doing is knocking on everything asian.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
You're completly missing the point...

It's all about what you can afford - out of pocket or monthly payment. If he gets an RS4 he's going to blow the STI and EVo out of the water - in stock form.

Alf made his post to get a response. I gave one. Get over it.:evil:

right but then again, get the Evo and you can mod it, and you'll be a crap load faster than an RS4

Status
Not open for further replies.