GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, I put together a chip FAQ

Schrodinger's Car

Collapsed waveform
Sweet. Thanks for the input guys... that's what I was hoping to hear.

Being a Chicago guy I'm gonna wait till the spring for the flash of course. Don't need the ice capades to be any more interesting...

DuBB SWaGG

GTI 3yr Veteran
Car(s)
GTI MkV
Just a random Question.... maybe a retarded one. Does APR have big sales for Black Friday???

vxc11

Ready to race!
have anyone ever heard of OE tuning chip.... my car is a gti mkv fsi, i already has a APR catback, neuspeed intake... i'm thinking if i should buy the APR chip or OE chip.... in OE's official website, it says it can give me 260hp and 304tq...in APR's official website, it says it can give me 252hp and 303tq... and i asked a local dealer, both prices are the same... but it seems like no one has ever tried OE... so i dont know if i should trust the dealer... and my catback is APR... is it better to install everything with APR...

I'm glad i found this thread before posting a new one.

I plan to install a new DP to prepare for my stg 2 flash when apr's next sale is.
Will driving stock with the DP for a little while do anything bad other than throw a CEL or should i just wait for my appointment to have the flash and do the DP the day before?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Do the dp the day before unless you don't boost it at all. The Stg 2 flash is optimized for the extra flow the aftermarket dp allows so having Stg 2 with the stock dp isn't the best idea.

Do the dp the day before unless you don't boost it at all. The Stg 2 flash is optimized for the extra flow the aftermarket dp allows so having Stg 2 with the stock dp isn't the best idea.

another question i thought of. "stock" mode with the chip wont give me trouble will it?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
another question i thought of. "stock" mode with the chip wont give me trouble will it?

As far as what? Put it this way, I ran an ATP catless dp for ~5000 miles with the spacers in the O2 sensors as to not get a CEL since I was still running the stock VW tune and just a P flo. Then at 20k miles (December 2007), I went from that to APR Stg 2. Somewhere around 35-40k I got the Autotech catback, but that doesn't make a difference really. I have both APR stock mode and the 93 mode. 99.9% of the time I use the 93 octane mode, but I did use stock mode this season in autox to stay within my class. I remember using stock mode part of last winter as well to not have as much wheelspin, and while that does help, it doesn't help if you come across a car on the street that could be quicker than you in stock mode. In other words, it's not "switch on the fly;" you have to shut the ignition off and what not to swap between modes.

But stock mode hasn't given me any issues.

TheeFT

That One Guy
Car(s)
Germans
great write up, though could we see a rabbit version of this? plus don't forget about c2 ;)