GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, I put together a chip FAQ

Housetek

Ready to race!
how many psi are the chips running? and how much are we running stock?

2wdBlazer

Ready to race!
On the REVO Graph:

Typed in by Author is 250hp / 285 tq

Graph shows 262hp / 302 tq.

Why the difference and which is correct? I am considering the REVO for convenience.

csmkv

Speeder
Car(s)
Fahrenheit
So, if a dealer says to you "Did you know your car has chipping software?" Do you play stupid or should you own up to the fact that you do have a chip?

This guy seemed to point my concern out, and it seemed nobody saw this, or is everybody just ignoring him? LOL!!

Anyway, that's critical question, to me at least. I'm about to let them check my codes, and if they find out, do I just "play stupid" or "own up to the fact"??

This is an great but old thread! :biggrin:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Depends on the dealer. Some are "mod friendly," others are not. If you have one that is not, they can go into the main system and close the "contract" AKA warranty. This is bad because every VW dealership can see it. That's how it works at our dealership anyhow (GM dealer).

From your other thread, it sounds like a fuel cut issue. Those usually resolve themselves after 30 seconds or so though.

2wdBlazer

Ready to race!
On the REVO Graph:

Typed in by Author is 250hp / 285 tq

Graph shows 262hp / 302 tq.

Why the difference and which is correct? I am considering the REVO for convenience.

Anybody know this answer?

csmkv

Speeder
Car(s)
Fahrenheit
Depends on the dealer. Some are "mod friendly," others are not. If you have one that is not, they can go into the main system and close the "contract" AKA warranty. This is bad because every VW dealership can see it. That's how it works at our dealership anyhow (GM dealer).

From your other thread, it sounds like a fuel cut issue. Those usually resolve themselves after 30 seconds or so though.

Thanks for your quick reply. Actually, that day when I was driving and a CEL come on, it didn't go off that quickly, it kept on for that day and that night when I was driving. But second day, when I start my engine, it's not on anymore. Is this still like a fuel cut problem?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I've never experienced a fuel cut issue myself, so I can't say for sure. From what I've read, it just cuts boost for about 30 seconds and then all is fine again. You may have another issue. Is it causing a driveability issue when it is on? If it's a flashing CEL, I would not recommend driving on it at all. The only CEL's I've had were from misfiring due to coilpacks going bad (that's a driveability issue), and the intake flapper motor, which was not a driveability issue. With that issue, my CEL actually went off a couple of times and then came back on.

csmkv

Speeder
Car(s)
Fahrenheit
I've never experienced a fuel cut issue myself, so I can't say for sure. From what I've read, it just cuts boost for about 30 seconds and then all is fine again. You may have another issue. Is it causing a driveability issue when it is on? If it's a flashing CEL, I would not recommend driving on it at all. The only CEL's I've had were from misfiring due to coilpacks going bad (that's a driveability issue), and the intake flapper motor, which was not a driveability issue. With that issue, my CEL actually went off a couple of times and then came back on.

Hum... that's weird, mine just went on for that day, looks like he get happy the other day after i let him get a break that night....

Anyway, my spark plugs and DV are coming in by nextweek. I'm gonna wait for my car to get out of the shop, install them both, and see if there's still this problem. Then, I'll go check with my dealer.

VRmk3tomk5

mk5's are gay
Car(s)
99 B5 passat wagon
Dpham, If i am selling my car and i want to try to get some money back from my revo stage 2. Is there anyway of just swapping ECU's with another MK5?

sullwe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
quick question. i live in missouri and went to st. louis on friday saw a couple of GTIs and was wondering who is chipped and who is not. i live closer to kansas city but am able to go either way to get chipped to APR. wondering who has been chipped and who hasn't, and what their experience was??

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
quick question. i live in missouri and went to st. louis on friday saw a couple of GTIs and was wondering who is chipped and who is not. i live closer to kansas city but am able to go either way to get chipped to APR. wondering who has been chipped and who hasn't, and what their experience was??

Checkout the local forums there is a 32 page thread of us that live in STL.
Or you can checkout www.stlvw.com

Reid Vann is the ONLY ECU flasher in STL and he does APR. The next closest to us is Chicago.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Its actually stlvw.org, if you go to .com then it will send you to some site under construction that is not us lol.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited

chipping the car actually is awesome. it will feel almost like a night and day difference from stock to stage 1 93 oct. its quite nice.

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
Anyone specifically running an APR chip (stg2) with the AWE TBE? If so, any comments on how it's working, dyno numbers, etc?

Last edited: