GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, I got rear ended...

ObeyMyFast!

^Who I am...What I say->
Howdy y'all. Its been a while since I made a new thread.

So today I was headin home from school... minding my own business. I was headed down the road (im the black line), and this guy two cars infront of me decided to take a left hand turn at the intersection, but stops because of oncoming traffic. The Bentley behind him stops, and I stop behind the Bentley. I look in my rear view mirror (habit) and see this gray camry haulin towards me (gray line). I press my brakes and put my head against the seat. Sure enough, he smacks in to me. It really wasn't bad, but I need to get a new bumper lol.

Pic of damage:

Im surprised there wasn't more damage! No damage to the hatch, just the bumper. (Idk if the lights shifted, but they may have...)

Basically, I need to call the adjuster/whatever and have them "assess" the damage.

Im thinking .:R32 rear end. However, I have a problem with the exhaust. I dont exactly wanna spend 250-300 on the axle back from eurojet. Are there any alternative options? I already have the Jun BL catback...

BZK

SUCK, SQUEEZE, BANG, BLOW
Car(s)
Rabbit MKV
sad =(
well now u got some motivation to add some parts XD
did the tow eye damage the other guys car? that would be kinda cool lol

oh and i like how u posed to take a pic haha

ObeyMyFast!

^Who I am...What I say->
sad =(
well now u got some motivation to add some parts XD
did the tow eye damage the other guys car? that would be kinda cool lol

oh and i like how u posed to take a pic haha

Hahahaha It looks like I did, but I wasnt sitting exactly like that. I was just laying down to get a picture.

I thought the eye would really fuck his car up, but it didnt really seem to at first glance. It might have though...

He lost a lower grille and dented his front bumper pretty bad on the left side.

Right now my biggest issue is finding R32 tips. I really wanna get an R bumper.

welcome to the rear ended club.

hit up JTrem. He can get the thunderbunny or votex rear for a good price.

Will do.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
welcome to the rear ended club.

hit up JTrem. He can get the thunderbunny or votex rear for a good price.

Thanks for the Plug.

I can get the Votex or TB rear for a good price. Just let me know man. I even have a stock textured rear off an '09 as well.

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
Local exhaust shop can whip something up for you. At least here, we have this one man shop who works on track cars all day long.

He quoted me $500 cash, labor and all, for a full custom catback and the downpipe installation.

bishka

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
mkv
since this camry rear ended you, his insurance company will pay the whole thing, dont worry about the price

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Whiplash! Then you get everything paid for. You also need a new foam core, and you may have screwed up your alignment.

E-man

8====D
Car(s)
07 .:Rabbit
the guy i went to (right off the I-5 and Lake Forest) can do it pretty cheep
he did my whole exhaust (R32 style) for 265$ but if you just did the rear end it would be alot cheeper
PM me if you want his info

ObeyMyFast!

^Who I am...What I say->
the guy i went to (right off the I-5 and Lake Forest) can do it pretty cheep
he did my whole exhaust (R32 style) for 265$ but if you just did the rear end it would be alot cheeper
PM me if you want his info

That might be a tad bit far away. I'll see what I can do around here. I'll keep it in mind though. Thanks!

zamboney

an hero
I'm lightweight in the same boat as op, except I was involved in a hit and run in a parking lot and I found out a few hours later.. so I'm going to have to pay at least my deductible which I believe is $500. I will need a new bumper and one outer taillight. I have a GLI, is an R rear possible? If so anyone know any hookups in Northeast Ohio? Or if not any suggestions?? (Sorry for thread jacking)

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
Tell them you want a quote for an OEM rear fascia from VW, Nuremberg and not some shitty used part from a junkyard. They have to quote you and will give you however much that price is (check form) so you can get it cashed and spend it on whatever.