so i got a new camera, still learning

razr

+50 hp spark plugs
let me know how i can improve! :thumbup:

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
I don't get the dirty flip flop picture.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
too much saturation, color selection is for noob photographers, your shadows are too dark, invest in good glass, a tripod and learn your camera before photoshop.

the pics are good for what they are, everyone starts somewhere, learn about exposure, rule of 1/3's, composure, depth of field etc etc. Just keep practicing :thumbsup:

Jdl09gti

///Quickster
Car(s)
GTi MkV.
Your pictures are great! I just started learning more about DSLR's recently and its a lot to learn! I'm not an expert and takes some time to learn certain techniques. One of the first things I learned is depth-of-field: long vs short depth of field.
• The following camera adjustments affect Depth of Field:
- Aperture:
* To shoot an image with a short depth of field, use large F- stops such as F 4 or F 2.8.
* To shoot an image with a long depth of field, use small F- stops such as F 16 or F 11.
- Distance:
- Focal length:
* Longer focal lengths result in shorter/shallow depth of field * Normal/Shorter focal lengths result in deeper/longer the depth of field

Flywheel Photography

Ready to race!
Dont worry about ROT. learn the camera and shoot. Shoot alot. I mean ALOT! Also nice glass(the lens) is most important. The lens I used to shoot this was twice the price of the camera...Nikkor 14mm/2.8

1st shot: dont do that again
2nd shot: its nice, in focus, try some more interesting angles also try to take some of the blue saturation down by half.
3rd shot: dont do that again either. JK its interesting and you are seeing the use of DoF. thats good.
4th shot: it looks PS'd to get the shallow DoF.

Morgans 29 edit by FlyWheel Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:

razr

+50 hp spark plugs
Yeah I took these outside my house. I just wanted to shoot something. Those are straight from the camera. No photoshop.

Thanks for the tips. Ill look into all that stuff more. Yes I know im a noob.