GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So a cop flipped me off today

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
I have friends that have been given tickets just because a cop was trailing them for a couple minutes and decided they were going fast enough to pull over. What's stopping this guy from doing that to me?

Also, what's wrong with going 10 over the limit with a cop behind you?

If it was anyone else behind me, sure I'd speed up. I'm not worried about going fast; I'm worried about getting tickets.

What's stopping him from doing that to you? Absolutely nothing. Are you complaining that you didn't get a ticket...?

I think your argument is "I was already speeding, I shouldn't have to go any faster". You are absolutely right, but if and ONLY if you were in as far right of a lane as possible (i.e. don't cruise in the centre lane either if there's no one in the right lane).

The issue is you should not have been in a passing lane, because you weren't PASSING anyone. It's not a fast lane, it's not a speeding lane, it's not a cruising lane, it's not a speed limit + 10 lane. It's a passing lane. If you aren't passing someone, get out of that lane!

By the way, why should cops be allowed to speed during non-emergencies? By all means go ahead and speed if you need to get to an emergency or another law enforcing event, but to leisurely drive in speeds excess of 100mph without lights on seems ridiculous.

Even going 5 mph over can get you a ticket in some areas. Why should the cop be allowed to break the law going 35 over? It doesn't make sense.

This I absolutely agree with you about. Cops should not be above the law, and indeed there are a few out there that aren't. I remember a story a while back about a cop who actually sped unknowingly, so he wrote himself a ticket and paid it off. They only uncovered it after going through records or something.

Generally in my area cops don't speed, but I hate it when they change lanes without signaling and another small things like that. A cop once tried to change into my lane while I was in his blind spot. I had to honk at him and speed up. That annoys me to no end... they are terrible role models.

WOW what an ASSHOLE!!!

You are an idiot. That cop was doing everyone a favour - including the idiot driver incorrectly hogging the passing lane by not writing him a ticket.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
The people suggesting being in the far right lane are being a little extreme.

Sorry but its WORSE for the flow of traffic to be in the far right lane.

The far right lane is people who are speeding up and slowing down to enter/exit the highway. Being in the right lane if you are not getting off the highway just completely screws up the flow.

If there are 3 lanes you CAN travel in the middle lane you do not need to be in the far right. Ever wonder why tractor trailers are in the farthest left lane they can legally be in? because the speed is consistent and it is inefficient to be in a right lane.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion

The far right lane is people who are speeding up and slowing down to enter/exit the highway. Being in the right lane if you are not getting off the highway just completely screws up the flow.

If there are 3 lanes you CAN travel in the middle lane you do not need to be in the far right. Ever wonder why tractor trailers are in the farthest left lane they can legally be in? because the speed is consistent and it is inefficient to be in a right lane.

Yea i'd have to agree. I hate it when i'm merging onto the highway and drivers stay in the far right lane, when the middle lane is completely free. It pisses me off, you'd think people would have some common sence.

Mr. Skinny

Ready to race!

I agree that the far right lane can, at times, be a little extreme. I depends on the flow of traffic at that time of day and how well you know the road you are on.

On my commute to/from work I stay in the far right lane except to pass, but if I know a busy highway entrance ramp is about to dump into the right lane, I get over into the center lane to allow them to enter.

I don't have any problem with truckers being in the center lane. They drive there to avoid all of the entering/exiting traffic as you pointed out.

It's primarily common sense and politeness. Your car has a steering wheel and turn signals for a reason after all! :)

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
He finally takes off going like 95 mph and cuts me off while he and his friend flip me off once again

Was Mclovin riding shotgun?

I can't believe it's page 3 and this hasn't been made fun of yet....

Lolz