GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Smoke coming from back of engine bay and exhaust

josiahkkanzler

Car(s)
2008 MKV GTI
So a few days ago my car had started smoking after I start it up and leave it on idle for a while. The smoke can be very minimal or a lot. I want to say it has a slight blueish tint to it but I'm not sure. Theres not really any visible oil leak but that could be cause its getting burnt up. I have no issues performance wise so I don't think it could be the turbo but that's where it seems to be coming from when I pop my hood. I checked and the previous owner replaced the pcv valve already but I've done reading saying it could be a cracked head gasket. Any advice is helpful. I went about 2 days without any type of smoke and I was driving a lot those days. I just can't pin point where this is coming from.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
This is not smoke from the exhaust...you are seeing smoke from the engine bay, correct?
I recommend trying something like Liqui Moly's Molygen. It has leak dye in it to show up under UV light.
This may help locate the source. How are we to help? Are you seeking places to look? Trying to understand.