GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

small questions

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
just ordered the 1.4 s golf. does the central locking kick in automatically after a few yards of driving? or do u have to remmember to push that key lock button at all times?

does pushing the lock button on the remote close the electric windows automatically?

101st_IanC

Autocross Newbie
Check with the dealers - they should be able to enable it with VAGCOM

ChalkyWhite

Drag Race Newbie
Hello,

Although it's probably optional through the dealer computer hook-up, the locks do not activate as standard when you drive off. You have to press the key lock button on the door.

If you press and hold the door lock button on leaving the car, the windows (any that are open) close, certainly on the GTI. Unsure about other models, but a bit tight of VW if not as standard! ;-)

Chalky

101st_IanC

Autocross Newbie
If it doesn't work by using the remote as Chalky mentioned - try locking the doors with the key and hold it in the locked position for a couple of seconds. This should close all windows.

I had autolocking enabled on my Audi when I took delivery - the doors lock when the car reaches about 5mph.
Not sure what the situation is with VW but lot of people who wanted this enabled after delivery were charged for it by Audi - so best check with the dealer before you take delivery if you really want it enabled.

Apparently the highline computer allows these types of programming - thats why I ordered it.

Maybe those who have the Highline can confirm?