GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SIMPLE DIY cam follower check. DUMMY PROOF

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Excellent DIY! Now where are those videos of your stage 3 kit?

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Looks good, but you dont have to take off the vacuum line from the vacuum pump...that is an unnecessary step. I have never taken that off when checking my follower.

Other than that, great DIY! Very easy to follow.

gtiboy87

GTI ON CRACK!!
Car(s)
2007 mkv gti
Looks good, but you dont have to take off the vacuum line from the vacuum pump...that is an unnecessary step. I have never taken that off when checking my follower.Other than that, great DIY! Very easy to follow.

I agree, the only reason i said to take it off is just so that u have more room to work with when taking the metal line off. Just to make things easier for whomever.

just_quietly

Power Banned
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GTI 07 spec
well, I just had my follower replaced but wasn't sure on its function and location.............now I do and feel confident to do it myself next time.......

Thanks for this thread....:thumbsup:

gtiboy87

GTI ON CRACK!!
Car(s)
2007 mkv gti
well, I just had my follower replaced but wasn't sure on its function and location.............now I do and feel confident to do it myself next time.......

Thanks for this thread....:thumbsup:

No prob!! :wink:

If you literally follow the steps listed exactly. You will have no problems with checking it yourself next time. I followed a DIY for this on vwvortex and yea i was like :iono: That is why i made my own. It is very detailed lol Hence y i said dummy proof, but its all about attention to detail. Like i said follow the steps EXACTLY and you will be fine!

GP_GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Don't forget one step which can save your fuel pump from self-destructing.

When all is re-assembled, turn the ignition on 3 or 4 times for 10 seconds or so, to allow the fuel pump to fill with fuel BEFORE cranking the engine and hence activating the pump plunger.

The pump only has petrol/gasolene as its lubricant, and needs to run in a bath of the stuff to prevent excessive wear. The tolerances inside these pumps are in microns, doesn't take much metal to metal to destroy that.

Thanks to Lucas from Eurospeed for that information.

TheDude0388

Spida Spida
Car(s)
Dubs
I've seached some without luck so far and just wanted to know if the OP or anyone else knows if this will work on an 06` A3 2.0T FSI? Is it the same process? My buddy has one and its been running like poo of late and been throwing codes... Does he have the A Cam? Thanks

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
You have to check it out for real to know.