GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Side skirt removal instructions?

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
Anyone have the instructions/illustrations/photos to removing the side skirts, front air dam and rear valence? I'm thinking about getting it painted.

Thanks!

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
side skirts are on with some sort of glue/epoxy.

918hare

Go Kart Champion
ewoo said:
Anyone have the instructions/illustrations/photos to removing the side skirts, front air dam and rear valence? I'm thinking about getting it painted.

Thanks!

If you still need these instructions....hit me up. I have pics of taking the rear off but I can walk you through the rest if needed.

918hare

Go Kart Champion
VDubbers said:
Could u post those pics up here??

Here is pics of some of the rear, please keep in mind that I suck with pictures and I did not decide to take the pics until I was done so it is not exactly a perfect step by step

First I had to jack the car up one side at a time to get to the screws inside of the rear fender wells. You probably do not need to do this if you are not too low or have put on biger wheels and tires.

Tools used:

Torx 15 screw driver

Torx 15 bit and wrench to get into fender wells so I did not need to remove the wheels

Remove the license plate

next remove the 2 torx 15 screws from inside to the fender wells. I had to di this one side at a time, with the car jacked up and using the modified (half ass) tool.

with all four side screws removed, climb underneath the car, you will see approx. 4 more torx head screws, starting at the corner remove these screws

corner

middle

once all of the screws are out slowly remove one side, just to where the bumper curves around

then the other side

slowly work both sides off and all done

took me probably 15-20 minutes max

Hope this helps those of you who need it, sorry I dont have pics for those who need the front or sides.

MKV6SPD

Oval Champion
Ok now how do we push the apron back on?It flexes to much and wont hook in the middle.I hate rockin only the top half of my bumper $^(.Someone help please i cant get it on right

MKV6SPD

Oval Champion
here is my problem with hand prints and sweat all over.

Attachments

• IMG_1213.JPG
    IMG_1213.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 8,355
  • IMG_1214.JPG
    IMG_1214.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 8,384
  • IMG_1206.JPG
    IMG_1206.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 8,364
  • IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 8,344
  • IMG_1210.JPG
    IMG_1210.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 8,292

918hare

Go Kart Champion
Hey, sorry to hear about your car. I had the same issue when I was test fitting the Rieger rear that I got. The are behind the license plate flexes and will not snap in.

The only fix I can offer you is to remove the top portion of the bumper also, it is not actually that hard. Just remove the taillights, there are a few screws at the top of the bumper to remove and a few more in the fender liner area.

Once all of the screws are out the bumper pulls off, you then need to unhook the license plate lights to remove it all of the way.

Once it is off top and bottom you should be able to get it back together no prob.

This is more work but the only way I know how to get it back on.

Hope that helps

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
It is a common issue. It is easier to take the whole bumper off.

DJECTED

Ready to race!
OR!?...you could just start with the midle and work ur way to the sides..thats what i do...works fine for me....ones u snap it on the sides its imposible...try midle!!!..hope its work 4u!