GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should politics threads be allowed

Should unmonitored politics threads be allowed to remain on the forum?

• Yes- mUh frEeDom oF SpEeCH

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • No- mAKe cAR foRUms gREat agaIn

Votes: 38 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
09 GTI
Such a sad state of affairs. All because some morons can't operate a mouse.

1649953706790.png

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn

View attachment 245936

This reminds me of all the political commercials I’ve seen lately: “this crybaby fucking idiot democrat/republican did this!”

Isn’t the point of political commercials to persuade the other side to change? “Hey idiot! Listen to me tell you why you suck!” This country is just at each other’s throats 24/7.

Can’t wait for Civil War II that starts over someone slapping someone at the Oscar’s 2023 and somehow gets turned political.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
09 GTI
This reminds me of all the political commercials I’ve seen lately: “this crybaby fucking idiot democrat/republican did this!”

Isn’t the point of political commercials to persuade the other side to change? “Hey idiot! Listen to me tell you why you suck!” This country is just at each other’s throats 24/7.

Can’t wait for Civil War II that starts over someone slapping someone at the Oscar’s 2023 and somehow gets turned political.
Will Smith should have been arrested, change my mind.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
keeper of scrolls

It's funny. People say "Shit's gotten worse in the last few years!!", but that whole thread could be from 2022. It reads the exact same.

"political threads here seem to spiral down a deep abyss."

"cool people seem to become complete assholes when politics come into the conversation."

"Freedom of speech is gone."

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI DSG
I don't typically go into the Off-Topic section, but I voted No.
I come here for technical info, news, advice and maybe a little schadenfreude (when no one is injured). So i'd like to protect Jay's sanity as the remaining mod for a while longer, at least until I no longer have the GTI. :ROFLMAO:

If you really must have a place you can have off-topic rants and such, there is plenty of space on the internet for your own forum, call it... Ricks Place, 7chan, Last Bastion of Free Speech or what ever you like. Nothing like a personal dumpster fire to keep you warm at night.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

View attachment 245936
This here is the prime example why I voted no.

"Everyone who sees things differently than me is a moron, idiot, uneducated , (insert any negative degrading comments here)."

It is not the political views I dont want to see, it's the name calling, back biting, cut throat attitude That comes with it. Keep that trash to Facebook .....

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Daewoo

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Daewoo
This here is the prime example why I voted no.

"Everyone who sees things differently than me is a moron, idiot, uneducated , (insert any negative degrading comments here)."

It is not the political views I dont want to see, it's the name calling, back biting, cut throat attitude That comes with it. Keep that trash to Facebook .....
Exactly. Political speech isn’t the problem. It’s people not having a handle on their little baby emotions

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
Exactly. Political speech isn’t the problem. It’s people not having a handle on their little baby emotions

You do realize the irony in your comment, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.