GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I sell my 5-door GTI for A3?

JPGTI

Ready to race!
I bought a 2007 black 5-door GTI package 2 late December of last year. Overall I love the car, but have found myself at times lusting over the A3. I realize there is not much difference between the two in terms of engine and drivetrain, however, overall I like the look of the A3 better. I owe roughly $19000 on the GTI and currently there is a 2007 S-line A3 black 6-speed manual for sale for 22,700 at my local Audi dealership. The car has only 10000 miles and mine has roughly 12000. I would be tempted to see how close to a fair trade I could get at the dealer. The only difference right now between the to is I got Revo stage 1 about 1.5 months ago. I have the SPS+ so that would carry over, but I would have to flash the new car to get that power back.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Much appreciated. :biggrin:

JhnR

Banned
Wrong section.

I'm much happier with my 5 door over the A3.

JPGTI

Ready to race!
Yea, it really shouldn't be more when all is said and done. I was just contemplating the move (not necessarily an upgrade). I like the look of the A3 better, I'm just curious about others thoughts.

JPGTI

Ready to race!
Scratch the idea. If the A3 was available with the 2.0T and quattro I may reconsider. And the 3.2 quattro just doesn't seem worth it.

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
I like the A3 styling better as well but I just couldn't rationalize paying much more for the same car underneath simply because it looked better. with the difference in price you could make the GTI look pretty good not to mention the additional hit you'll take for the trade in. Kind of decision you have to make before you buy anything.

JPGTI

Ready to race!
That was a decision I made before I purchased my car now. I decided against the A3 because the cost was too high for not much difference. However, now, a few used A3s are showing up with approximately the same mileage as my GTI that could work out with me having a similar or lower monthly payment.