GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shit with Russia is getting real

Govi

Passed Driver's Ed
Not the first time a town like Odessa has gone through this. They should know better.

:rolleyes:

Oh, just wave a hand and diversify? To do a minimal diversification would mean at least one other industry nearly as large as the oil industry. The town grew in four years by 34,000 for oil, so to diversify properly, it should have grown to 74,000 in that same four years? :lol:

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
No one is owed a job in Odessa. Odessa doesn't need to exist. The pay for those jobs was apparently enough to justify folks moving there knowing the instability in those jobs. Correct?

In a perfect world those people could finfihigh paying jobs in other industries. That would be my preference as well.

Free markets aren't always nice to people or fair.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
^Especially when it doesn't conveniently suit them.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
The Invisible Hand will provide?

:lol:

Can't have it both ways. Texas votes Red, let them eat cake.

They can't bitch about how bad the government is and then bitch when Capitalism leaves them in the dust and the government doesn't bail them out.

Well, they can but I can also laugh at them and point out their hypocrisy

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Can't have it both ways. Texas votes Red, let them eat cake.

They can't bitch about how bad the government is and then bitch when Capitalism leaves them in the dust and the government doesn't bail them out.

Well, they can but I can also laugh at them and point out their hypocrisy

:clap:

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
I routinely (like every second week) spend a few days in Moscow on business. Word on the street is: certain Russian elite are making a ton of money off the currency right now.

Also all electronics stores are empty (everything sold out) in anticipation of inflation. Car dealerships in certain areas too, especially border towns.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I routinely (like every second week) spend a few days in Moscow on business. Word on the street is: certain Russian elite are making a ton of money off the currency right now.

Also all electronics stores are empty (everything sold out) in anticipation of inflation. Car dealerships in certain areas too, especially border towns.

You ever venture out to the Russian Far East?

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Nope, only made it about 2 hrs east of Moscow once.

Oh damn gotcha. The Russian Far East is a HUGE dumping ground for RHD Japanese imports, in a country where they drive on the right side. :iono: