GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shaved bay resource thread

bill6211789

Ready to race!
Can anyone verify if when deleting the ac on an FSI you can run the shorter belt with the compressor in place? My compressor seized and i want to be able to take it to a shop to have the system drained then ill remove the compressor.

Don Nguyen

Go Kart Champion
I have a question regarding the Moroso thermostat set up that you have there. By running that set up, does it allow you to completely eliminate the need for a coolant reservoir tank? That's what it seems like in your pictures, but I have seen/read on other forums people still using a coolant reservoir in conjunction with the thermostat filler neck set up.

Thanks.

-Don

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I have a question regarding the Moroso thermostat set up that you have there. By running that set up, does it allow you to completely eliminate the need for a coolant reservoir tank? That's what it seems like in your pictures, but I have seen/read on other forums people still using a coolant reservoir in conjunction with the thermostat filler neck set up.

Thanks.

-Don

Its possible to add a reservoir as there is a port on the side of the moroso piece to run line off of. I did not run one but probably should have if I was planning to drive the car more.

TBlown

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you remove the HVAC control panel as well or just the compressor/lines? If the interior control panel is removed, that can cause the fans to stay on
No I had that all in still. Turns out when you delete the ac lines you need to unscrew the sensor from the lines and leave it plugged in or else the fans will stay running all the time.