GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Servicing cost LM

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
So Clarkdale VW customer service seems to have gone from "happy to help you!".. to "f*ck you leave us alone"

Can anyone out there comment on VW pricing for the 80,000km servicing, and doing brake replacements (pads/rotors)?

I think I'm going to order my own brake kit and have Shift install it... likely cheaper. But am curious what stealerships charge.

wbean

attention whore
Car(s)
09 CW Gti
u want a dealer service or a trustworthy mechanic?

if dealer service
1) DSG flush at surrey volkswagen $290 + tax
2) oil change $90
the rest i am not sure ... but i assume fuel filter, cabin air filter and intake filter + washer fluid and tire rotation

if at a mechanic SHOP
1) fuel filter $30 (need to provide u with a number .. cnat remember the name)
2) oil change $75 (JMP autowerks .. check on dubberz 5w40 total + filter included)
3) DSG flush $280 (PG performance)
4) tire rotation (diy or any small shops $20-30)
5) cabin air filter ... takes 5 minutes, 2 screws and pull down ... same with intake filter

TRUSTworthy mechanic

i have a friend that i bring my car to when shit goes down and everywhere wants to charge me an ARM (literally b/c my work is lifting ...)

he works at Brian Jessel bmw and autohaus for the last couple years and honda before
- he rebuilds engines and cars on the side as well as maintenance for friends and families

he did my rear brakes last time b/c i simply could not remove the damn triple squares with my limited tools (lack of 150nm worth of breaker bar on an awkward angle)
charged me $45 (rotors/pads)

kayubassist

なんとなく
Car(s)
Audi A3
80,000km is a type B service?
I believe I paid around 150 bucks for type B service at Regency Volkswagen.
brake/rotor I'm not sure.

jp3g

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Rear brakes alone cost me $300.00 with discount. Pads create excessive amounts of dust.

jayygonzalez

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
they were charging me 420 for 60k service.
crazy! might as well do all that myself. change the spark plugs have my mechanic do all the fluid flush. lol
too much money at a vw dealership.

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
Yeah, I think it's type B. I may go dealership for it just because I have some recall notice that I haven't had checked yet (not that I can remember what it was for now..).

As for brakes... was curious on dealership cost. I saw some Autohaus brake kit special (rotors/pads/ss-lines) that I'll probably go with and just have an independent install for me.

JimmyBraps

Rear brakes alone cost me $300.00 with discount. Pads create excessive amounts of dust.

I wish I just bought my pads at partsman, they had ceramics for the same price as the dealer. When I asked the parts guy if they were ceramic he said ya I think so, yet my rear wheels are caked with brake dust now......

wbean

attention whore
Car(s)
09 CW Gti
i picked up a set of hawks HPS rear pads off modbargain for $61 ...

why get oem when u can get better ..